2018 Sunset Bay Walleye Shoot Out

The 2018 Sunset Bay Walleye Shoot Out is set for this July.

The main event is Saturday, July 21st. With Big Fish Friday being the 20th. Should we have weather cancellations, we will use Sunday, July 22nd as a blow-day.

The Sunset Bay is officially the highest paying one-day walleye shoot out in the country. Teams will be fishing for excess of $150,000.00 is cash and prizes. This event has truly become the Super-Bowl of tournament fishing as we have anglers coming from 14 states to fish the venue. 

The live weigh in show right on the beach at Cabana Sams provides a fun, exciting and unique look at some of the most amazing walleye fishing anywhere in the world. The weigh in show is open to the public and free of charge. We welcome everyone to come visit the beach for the day and watch the weigh in show (which starts at 4:00 pm) - Cabana Sams / Sunset Bay, New York 

For anglers/teams wishing to fish the event please contact me at 716.435.4137 or [email protected] 

We look forward to seeing everyone this summer.

Tight Lines,

Capt. Don Ruppert

SSlogo.docx

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ron,

Congratulations, did you get your money? My team won the grand Finale Prize Pack at the Captain's meeting ($3000) Thus far all we have received is $ 299.00 Cabelas cooler! That makes us $2700 dollars short of the prize's actual value! Ray Marine told me they gave the Axiom fish-finder with all the parts to the shootout well before the tournament! On September 20th it will be 2 months since we should have been given this prize on stage at Sunset Bay Beach Club! We are tired of broken promises! This prize it harder to find than a live turkey on Thanksgiving! I have Emails,Texts and receipts for certified mail we sent. All teams spent a lot of money on entering this contest yours included. Page 14 of Tournament book states"All BFF cash,prizes and trophy(s) will be paid at the captains meeting Friday evening. That was on Friday, July 20th, 2018!   We are done chasing Capt. Don around.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been watching this from afar but no more-Don’t let this thread end glfisherman until you get some response- I really enjoyed this tournament but now I have a bad taste in my mouth- What total BS- captain Dons silence disappoints me greatly. I wonder who put YOUR graph in their boat....? I wish you the best gl. I can’t believe no other participants have expressed their 2cents. This should bother everyone who fished it- Friends of Don or not!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

I’ve been watching this from afar but no more-Don’t let this thread end glfisherman until you get some response- I really enjoyed this tournament but now I have a bad taste in my mouth- What total BS- captain Dons silence disappoints me greatly. I wonder who put YOUR graph in their boat....? I wish you the best gl. I can’t believe no other participants have expressed their 2cents. This should bother everyone who fished it- Friends of Don or not!  

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Don responded to me regarding the results not being posted, I in turn responded but they have not been posted, nor was there a follow up response. There is something very wrong with what went on at this tournament this year. I find it hard to believe that sponsors support or endorse a venue that treats its anglers this way. Not to mention the County Executive was at the Captains meeting. This sure doesn’t reflect well on him either. If I had to guess I bet this doesn’t start nor end with glfishermans fishfinder. What a joke............. IMG_4597.thumb.JPG.9f9b327b2ed1be5ecc0281608a0fe8f0.JPGIMG_4598.thumb.JPG.f87b9e8ad6a5788e327313ae7aa12825.JPG 

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Battlehammer,

Thanks for your input! Last week I contacted News 4 Buffalo WIVB ( CALL 4 ACTION). I have gotten more information in the last few days than I have gotten the last few months! They are still working on this.

Also I am going to small claims court on October 15th, to present my case to the Town Judge. Hopefully  this will be resolved before then and I can drop the case.

Good afternoon guys,

I wanted to touch base on this thread regarding the tournament to clear any thoughts  

Cash/Prizes

First and foremost, every single cash prize was paid, in full back at the tournament upon completion of the polygraph tests. There were never any teams unpaid  

Merchandise/Prizes

All prizes were passed out to the winners. We did have a instance of a prize delay; however, I spoke with Bob Adams at Raymarine Corporate today. The miscommunication / misundertstanding with Raymarine and Digital River Order Distribution Service has been resolved, the merchandise prize  has been squared away; we look forward to the winners soon to be enjoying there prize 

We did shut down the basic web site we originally started, as we hired an outside group to design, launch and manage a new one for us. 

The 2019 tournament packages are set to go out to each team early November; and that is our target for the new web site launch as well

We work very hard to put on a quality event, we apologize to the team in the delay of there prize. We look forward and are excited about the new additions to the event next year. 

• Like 1