2018 Sunset Bay Walleye Shoot Out

Capt. Don Rupert

SUNSET BAY WALLEYE SHOOTOUT

8442 Versailles Plank Road

Angola, New York 14006                                                                                                                         08/28/2018

Dear Mr. Rupert

On Friday, July 20th, 2018. My Team won the Grand Finale Prize Pack. This was at the” SUNSET BAY WALLEYE SHOOTOUT” Captain’s meeting which was held at Cabana Sam’s Sunset Bay Grill. This prize had a $3000.00 Value!

So far we have received a Cabella’s cooler ($299.00) and 3 Ray Marine Hats. Plus an empty box. This was presented onstage at Cabana Sams. I am attaching a copy of page 6 out the booklet you sent me, which shows what we should have gotten.

While I was on stage being presented the prize, you told me to see you after the weigh in the next day (07/21/2018). Even though my team had no fish to weigh, we waited from about 3.30pm to about 7.30pm to talk to you. When I approached you, you stated you would call me so I could get the remainder of our prizes (over $2500), you never did!!!

We have talked to Jeff Fink of RAY MARINE. He stated “the prizes his company was supplying were giving to you before the Tournament”.

We have made numerous good faith attempts to contact you, even though you should be the one contacting us. We have saved emails, text messages and phone logs; of the times we tried to contact you. You say you will get back to us, but you never do.

If for some reason this prize doesn’t exist, we are willing to take $2500 in cash.

I also request that you post the results of the Tournament, in the same manner as in previous years!

The person or persons who receive this letter, if not you, but for you! Will be asked to be a witness for my team.

I feel that my case will win in court. I’d like to solve this in a friendly way.

If I don’t hear from you within 7 days after this letter has been signed for, I will be forced to take you to court.

court.jpg

court.jpg

don,
        You received a axiom fish finder before the tournament! You ordered one yesterday 9/24/2018 from Bob Adams/ Digital river order distribution , as your stated on the previous page! On September 8th you ordered a unit also(see attached email). That's 3 fish finders, I only want one! 

image.thumb.png.817fcf2915bc5bc7af79cb092536cab6.png

Thanks for sharing that GL. No way this tournament gets my money with this guy involved! If he just would have been honest from the very beginning with you. Very disappointing-

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Good Morning,

I have received word from Ray Marine that they are going to make good on the Axiom Fish Finder! It is on a 2 week back order. This has nothing to do with Capt. Don, what happened to the one he received is a mystery. I would like to thank WIVB TV (CALL 4 ACTION). The Lady who Investigated this for me, gets a lot of the credit. 

• 3 weeks later...