Harness making

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:19 PM, yellowpike said:

I think we can work something out  here a few of some of the I tie a few years ago I tie all my own now let me know what you lie 

13102877_10208410579014576_2483547354687161576_n.jpg

2 and 4 from the top will fill the box !! I use that blade with brown and red beads call it the ( Get R Done ) downrigger leadcore dipsey don't matter 

6 hours ago, Canuknucklehead said:

How long are your harnesses, how far apart are your hooks, do you ever use 2 blades on a harness?

I cant speak for everyone but my hooks are about 4 inches apart and as far as blades I have tied a bunch of double blades but since I don't have a lot of confidence In them  they don't see as much time in the water as my single blades  ( not saying they don't work everything has a time and place ) I have a regular program and when I start to change that fishing is slow. I fish late June to September around Barcelona and run 6 rods 4 harnesses ( a lot of gold ) and 2 rapala taildancers ( purpledecent and a custom painted wonderbread ) sorry to be so long winded but I hope this helps... Paul

Why couldn't you use wire fishing line, like we use on dipsey rods?

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You can. I’ve tied several with 30# dipsy wire. I usually get several seasons out of them. When the hooks need replaced I cut them apart and re-rig them. When I use wire I use aluminum crimps on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App
  • Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics