Chamberlain releases

Hello everyone !! I'm thinking about buying these releases I've used cannon push pads forever but now I'm fishing walleye and not salmon I'm dragging a lot of fish so my question is how do they attach to the downrigger ball and what's the easiest way to set the tension in the driveway or on the water ? Thanks Paul

The "in-cable" style have a wire through the release, with a closed loop on top and a locking snap on the bottom. The "stacker" style attaches to the cable through a couple of tabs with a friction lock.....http://dev.downriggerrelease.com/

They are best adjusted on the water. There are 2 different release mechanisms. When fishing for walleyes, I set the "fish release" slightly "tighter"  than what it takes to release on the lure being towed, and set the manual trip release to whatever your preference is for the rods being used. 

They are excellent. I can't say enough good things about them. If they're adjusted properly you won't be pulling silver bass or perch around unknowingly. 

• Like 1

Once you get use to setting the tension you will be set, you almost have to set according to what you are pulling, depth/ size fish hitting. They are by far best release made. Set for 8" perch to Biggest King that swims. Lots of little problems from pinch pads will instantly go away, you will see; I love them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Take the pinch pad release and cable tie it to your net handle, take the bottom of your net bag and clip it to the release, when you go to net a fish the net bag well stay out of the way. good use for pinch pad releases
Yep, that's what I use the last one I own for. Best thing it was ever used for. Chamberlain stackers are slick after you get use to them also

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:07 PM, shinintimes said:

Hello everyone !! I'm thinking about buying these releases I've used cannon push pads forever but now I'm fishing walleye and not salmon I'm dragging a lot of fish so my question is how do they attach to the downrigger ball and what's the easiest way to set the tension in the driveway or on the water ? Thanks Paul

I've been using them for some yrs now and wouldn't even think about another release for eyes. i have mine set where most white perch will trip them so I'm not just dragging them around. I've had no problem with hook ups with them. the forward movement of the boat with the jerk on the line from the rod flipping up when released seems to hook them. i like setting them light to start then tighten them up a 1/4 turn until I'm not getting false releases. as for attaching the ball you just attach the clip on your cable to the top of the release the attach the clip on the release to the ball.

i believe the owners name is keith. but its been awhile since i talked to him. i was in contact with him when they 1st came out even before the stacker was ready to market.

Edited by sherman brown
added info
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, jimmac said:

This thread...its catchy. Just ordered a couple myself.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Lake Erie United Mobile App

A lot of guys seem to really like them I'm not crazy about twisting my line up or having the release above my ball but that's only because its new.. I'm one of them guys that's not crazy about change but if it keeps me from dragging one fish i'm sure i'll learn to love it !! Good Luck 

• Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:01 PM, shinintimes said:

A lot of guys seem to really like them I'm not crazy about twisting my line up or having the release above my ball but that's only because its new.. I'm one of them guys that's not crazy about change but if it keeps me from dragging one fish i'm sure i'll learn to love it !! Good Luck 

yeah i didn't like twisting my line at first but after some time i got over it. i had been using rubber bands for some yrs when i ran across a thread about these. i had always thought they needed something like them for fishing eyes and here it was. i just had to check them out. now i would be lost without them.

another story here. i started fishing erie's central basin with dipsies some yrs back. loved the way they worked and could run 3 per side. but ended up dragging a lot of smaller fish. switched to the deeper diver because they had no rings. i had tried rigging up some way for them to release on smaller fish with no good results. even thought about the release on the chamberlain. then i started reading about the lite bite slide diver. got some but didn't like the slide part with braided line. but i loved the lite bite feature. so i decided to use them like a dipsy. i tie to the front then tie a short piece of 65# braid to a 0-ring lace the line through the back going through the lite bite arm. then tie on my snubber and then tie on my 7' or 8' fluro leader then my harness. i do use good swivels at all connections. now i drag very few small fish around on my divers or my riggers. they will both trip on most small fish. i thought if it works on the chamberlain why not on divers. i love them both. i run 6 divers and 2 riggers on my boat and it would take a much better mouse trap to get me to switch from the lite bites or the chamberlain.

sorry for the long post. just wanted you to know about the lite bite divers for future knowledge.

• Like 1

When I started using Blacks releases, I thought I finally found the perfect release. And they have been perfect for me. What makes the Chamberlain releases better?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Magnet for the outward pull allows you to set that tension light as you want while the traditional blacks style top allows you yo reel down the rod as much as you want. Both ways get own adjustment

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics