shinintimes

Chamberlain releases

Hello everyone !! I'm thinking about buying these releases I've used cannon push pads forever but now I'm fishing walleye and not salmon I'm dragging a lot of fish so my question is how do they attach to the downrigger ball and what's the easiest way to set the tension in the driveway or on the water ? Thanks Paul

The "in-cable" style have a wire through the release, with a closed loop on top and a locking snap on the bottom. The "stacker" style attaches to the cable through a couple of tabs with a friction lock.....http://dev.downriggerrelease.com/

They are best adjusted on the water. There are 2 different release mechanisms. When fishing for walleyes, I set the "fish release" slightly "tighter"  than what it takes to release on the lure being towed, and set the manual trip release to whatever your preference is for the rods being used. 

They are excellent. I can't say enough good things about them. If they're adjusted properly you won't be pulling silver bass or perch around unknowingly. 

• Like 1

Thanks J.. I was also wondering do you have any trouble with hook set on bigger fish I know walleye are hard mouthed I cant tell you how many walleye come undone in the net and that's with cannon releases 

I don't seem to notice it, but tightening down on the rod and quickly setting the hook can't hurt. Along with stickey sharp hooks. 

To me, the benefits of the light release far outweigh any concerns with poor hook ups.

I started using them last yr. & they work great once you get them set as you like them. look on u-tube & there videos on how to set them & use them by the inventor.

• Like 1

Once you get use to setting the tension you will be set, you almost have to set according to what you are pulling, depth/ size fish hitting. They are by far best release made. Set for 8" perch to Biggest King that swims. Lots of little problems from pinch pads will instantly go away, you will see; I love them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now