Your top three artificial's

That's all you need. Mid summer on all we used to use is a six rod spread. Two riggers, two ten color and two dipsey's. We do very well using wds on riggers. As for rynowskys being junk that's about right. We replace the hooks and yes occasionally they fill with water but they flat out catch more fish then any other lure we use. Yes I have a whole box of bay rats, but there is two lures that see  the most water it is "pinky rynowskys" and fire tiger rynowsky.  We fished bay rats side by side with rynowskys and we use rynowskys. 

3 minutes ago, Fishkiller16 said:

I Can't buy a walleye on a thunder stick, 20 years fishing erie from Port Clinton to Buffalo and never caught one on a Tuesday stick.

That's only because I have a ton of them and think they have good action ... gotta start buying the stuff I know will never work and i'll kill um

Fishkiller our biggest fish come off the riggers year after year. Last day of con club all three wieghers good for third on that day came off spoons on riggers. During the both Rob Ray tourneys good boxes were caught using spoons deep on riggers short leads and fast. Our big fish good for 4th fourth during sunset shootout was a down rigger fished 75ft down over 80ft. My advice run your riggers every time you fish and flutter em up when going through a school. 

5 minutes ago, Fishkiller16 said:

My advice is leave the riggers home and bring more leadcores out, they will out fish the riggers 5 to 1.

I totally agree..except..downrigging is still my favorite trolling method. No "stuff" on the line except a fish once that release goes. I always let my buddy beat me to the 10 color for some reason. As for those junk Renosky's.. Yes..the hooks suck and yes..I've had a couple crack down the center..never had hooks pull out..yet.. But they flat out catch fish! 

Did any of you guys look at power dives walleye spoons. They are 2 3/8" these lures are second to none, I'm going to order 12 for now. He will be posting more every weekend here's the link I hope this works  hybirdlures.simdif.com, he's been painting lures since he was 9 years old. Now he is offering his services to the general public. He has all his slims painted and harness blades. You just have to see these. He only painted for charters before. I got him to do eye spoons mainly because the stinger spoons paint flat sucks. Check them out!!!

I gave up on the riggers as well and run extra dipsys instead. although the biggest eye ever on my boat came off a rigger with a 2 color core "swr" and a black renosky.

My top 3 sticks

1. Perch color chatterstick

2. Metallic blue jr. Tstick

3. Smelt Rick klun Classic

Harnesses

1. Copper watermelon

2. Blue/silver

3. Firetiger

Those are usually my first 6 rods untill the fish tell me what they like

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

3 minutes ago, Fishkiller16 said:

A dealer for hybrid lures, I am the only one in WNY who hashould hisstuff. I just ordered 100 Spoons and a few hundred blades. I also have about 600 blades in stock in Colorado and willows he painted for me. I will have all his stuff at the BOSS show April 15,16 and 17th.

He told me his best buyers were to Lake Erie folks and the Canadians, so your a dealer for him? If so that's great man!!! I never in my life saw such awesome paint jobs. He told me he very particular with his products and it shows. Do you have a bait shop or a store like a sporting goods? This is a small world.  PAP

PAP I don't have a shop per say we are a little different here we do a lot of outdoor shows, and I deal out of our house, ship, or I'll meet up with you to get your stuff. We just set up at the Erie pa. charter boat association sale they had yesterday for their Walleye School. I sold out of Hybrid Lures Spoons and Blades there. I sold more of his Spoons than I sold Moonshine spoons. Any one can call me at 716 796 5372 if you want to talk or get anything. Thanks, Jim

3 hours ago, Fishkiller16 said:

PAP I don't have a shop per say we are a little different here we do a lot of outdoor shows, and I deal out of our house, ship, or I'll meet up with you to get your stuff. We just set up at the Erie pa. charter boat association sale they had yesterday for their Walleye School. I sold out of Hybrid Lures Spoons and Blades there. I sold more of his Spoons than I sold Moonshine spoons. Any one can call me at 716 796 5372 if you want to talk or get anything. Thanks, Jim

Wow your a major key to his paraphernalia. So you might have his work when he might be out, which is great to have both of you should you need something. He mentioned that he's also a fisherman and would give me an idea of what colors work the best in the areas we fish, would you be able to do this also? His work is so differant, like there's no base color to per say, like this one is a green fire tiger? I mainly fish LakeO for eyes and in the northeast like Black River Bay, Chaumont Bay, Stoney & Galloo island. I kinda pushed him to put his walleye spoons on the site, so I think it might be 10. He mentioned he would have more this weekend, and more every week. I told him I have 11 spoons picked out on my own, but I hate to place the order till the whole deal is up, I might switch out some spoons for others I didn't even see yet. Well I guess I'll just wait, I know he's more busy than a 3 armed wallpaper hanger so I hate to bother him. Thanks for your info!! PAP.

20 hours ago, Fishkiller16 said:

Call me some day I'll get you hooked up with everything you needo to get going.

I will definitely do that Jim as soon as I get uncle sam off my back !! I would like you to put together a package for me do you sell harnesses or just the blades ? Thanks Paul

I have down riggers and have fished with them many years. I average 4 outings per week fishing Lake Erie. I'm strictly a bottom bouncer fisherman, for walleyes. I used my home made worm harnesses, silver flatfish with a stinger hook, and a hookless spoon that is attached to beads and hook below it. I fish for eaters and never fish over 25 ft. Until water temp Reaches above 75 degrees.  Then I'll go out and fish 40 to  73 ft.

I am a big fan of thunder stick they have great action at almost any speed if they improved  the colors I'm sure more guys would use them ... I cant tell you how many browns I've caught with them over the years and I see in your picture they are working on the colors

for eyes  #1       worm harnesses #2   worm harnesses   # 3   worm harness                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Edited by yellowpike

39 minutes ago, yellowpike said:

I knew I liked you for a reason john....lol

38 minutes ago, yellowpike said:

Lol yellowpike  you know what you like i'll give you that !!!  I have a bunch but i'll bet there the wrong one's :emoticon-0100-smile:

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics