Walleye Sturgeon Point Sept 23, 2017

Sturgeon Point Sept 23, 2017

Fished solo today in front of Evans bar just to see if fish are there like at the Catt and they are. Boated 8 and lost 2 behind the boat. 

65 to 71 feet of water. Took all off down riggers set 55 to 64 down. Also ran a wire dipsey on 2 as my 3rd rod from 120 to 165 back with spoon or harness or renoski and it never got touched 

all afternoon. Best lure was watermelon renoski on rigger near bottom. Marked tons of fish all day but everything I boated was 16 to 24 inches. Screen at 3:30 till 5:30 PM was constant fish, all different depths. Marked lots of bait.

I was the only guy there trolling. There were 2 or 3 drifters or perch guys fishing 62 FOW but I don't know if the were catching. I think they were because they stayed there all afternoon. Met a guy in the parking lot who was tying down his boat getting ready to trailer home like me.  He and his buddy had a 9 pounder and a couple of 5 pounders. He said he fished west of me in 70 FOW. They boxed out and had a better catch than me. Beauty of a day. 1 foot waves max. Nice breeze. Bunch of ankle biting flies but still awesome. Wish it was always that calm.

• Like 4

On 9/25/2017 at 4:56 PM, jimski2 said:

You can find good deep 70 foot plus water five miles NW of Sturgeon Point off Port Colborne, Ontario. Good perch grounds there in late summer and early fall conditions. No need to travel to the Catt when wave conditions are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

is that still US waters? Thanks.

3 hours ago, Canuknucklehead said:

Several days ago I watched a guy at Sugarloaf Marina clean Jumbo perch he caught in 65 FOW off Point Albino, Ontario.

We always fish off Pt. Albino in the fall in 60 fow & get nice perch. We head straight for it from SP. to 60 fow. near the fence.

• Like 1

As the fall water temperatures drop Lake Erie’s perch and walleye biomass migrate to the NE basin for a fresh forage base. The distant across the lake to Point Abino is about nine miles and sixty miles across to the SW. This concentrated the fish into larger groups passing through.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics