Lake Erie Fall Perch

Went out the Catt today. The lake was a little rough in the in am then started to lay down. Took awhile to find fish. Finally found some halfway decent marks in 67 ft and started picking away. We kept 45 between two of us and threw back at least triple that. Lots of smaller fish mixed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

Took a break from Erie today....wife and I went to Silver and looked for perch. Had to weed thru plenty of small ones but we brought home the biggest 22 of them. Couple 11 inchers in there. Was lazy comfortable drop shotting in 18 feet of water with a piece of worm listening to the bills game. Caught some real hog bluegills and sunnies which we returned. They'll taste nice once the hardwater comes. Fun day, nice not to be wave bouncing for a change.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

We used to get emeralds in the summer out of Huron, Ohio using lanterns floating on inner tubes out in deep water at night. Emeralds would be attracted to lanterns at night when we would be blue pike fishing. Anchor up out deep at night with lanterns over the side of your boat and maybe they will come. You can catch perch at night doing this. I did better the other day with frozen salted minnows that I caught last March and saved. They are better than golden shiners.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, lineman49 said:

Does anyone ever dip emeralds in the channel at the end of Furman blvd.. by the south end marnia under the the bridge?? I heard you can get them there.

That's the Union Ship Canal. Spring is the best time to dip them there.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Locoman said:

That's the Union Ship Canal. Spring is the best time to dip them there.

That Union ship canal should have a boat launch/ramp on it with trk/trailer parking & lets hope its not like safe harbor ramps! I can't understand why someone hasn't done that yet. Maybe we need to get Higgins involved. It would be a perfect spot.  jmo

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics