Lake Erie Fall Perch

It was sloooow at the Cat today. Looked from 50-68' with only a few small scattered schools.  We only kept about two dozen. I didn't see anyone hauling them  in either.  Boats did not even have seagulls around.  Most of the fish we caught were small males. 

2 hours ago, Pequod1 said:

It was sloooow at the Cat today. Looked from 50-68' with only a few small scattered schools.  We only kept about two dozen. I didn't see anyone hauling them  in either.  Boats did not even have seagulls around.  Most of the fish we caught were small males. 

You did better than I did, caught 7 jumbos and about a half dozen little ones off Pt Albino in 55 FOW.

We did OK out of Catt yesterday. But we were not clobbering them by any stretch. We moved around quite a few times. Picked up some jumbos right after sun up, but they disappeared after about an hour, then it was a slow pick at small pods of roaming fish after that. We would catch one or two and then the pod moved on and we’d have to wait for the next pod to move through. We culled about as many as we kept. The fish definitely ran on the smaller side after that first hour.

We kept to inside of 60’.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

Limit catches from the Catt have been reported. The problem now is bait availability. We may have to convert our fishing to artificials. I hate having to associate with those “artificials only” people that are so delicate to keep their hands clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics