Lake Erie Fall Perch

Sunday morning we gave it one last dip at ferry before we bought goldens and connected with a net full of nice bait. We launched at Sturgeon and shot west. We consistently marked fish the whole morning but only 7 in the cooler. We were just about to leave to watch the game. All of a sudden we started catching one after another totaling 42 between the two of us. Nothing too big a lot of 9's and 10's. We left at the start of the 4th quarter so we can catch the rest of the game

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 3

Sunday morning we gave it one last dip at ferry before we bought goldens and connected with a net full of nice bait. We launched at Sturgeon and shot west. We consistently marked fish the whole morning but only 7 in the cooler. We were just about to leave to watch the game. All of a sudden we started catching one after another totaling 42 between the two of us. Nothing too big a lot of 9's and 10's. We left at the start of the 4th quarter so we can catch the rest of the game

Did all right today Ended up with 25 jumbos
3 walleye all on sting nose jigs. 50 ft of water in front of the Cat.
  • Like 3

Tuesday, south and east winds finally shut the fishing down today . One white bass was our total catch. The bottom was devoid of fish on our graphs. Went out to 76 foot of water and found almost nothing. One nearby boat had two seagull feeders though.

Amazon, Fish USA or from the guys who market them from Canada. Don't go crazy for them just yet though. I have had good success with 3/4 oz buckshot spoons in  silver. The perch and chartreuse colors did not seem to work.

Ten Percent

I am not sure when I am going. I just found some great buck sign in an area that I am the only one allowed to hunt and have to get a tree stand up pronto. Might give that a shot Thursday eve. Next week looks good to go though

• Like 2

Went out of Sturgeon yesterday. Spent the morning again searching. Only had 2 before noon then they turned on. We had a non stop flurry for an hour plus in 60fow straight out which put 47 in the cooler between two of us before they disappeared.

I got emeralds from the foot of ferry had to really work hard for them. The square umbrella nets won't get them. The schools are too small and fast. The only Nets will get them are the green hoop nets with the real fine mesh netting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikey eyes said:

Went out of Sturgeon yesterday. Spent the morning again searching. Only had 2 before noon then they turned on. We had a non stop flurry for an hour plus in 60fow straight out which put 47 in the cooler between two of us before they disappeared.

Nice Report .... thank you. 

The lake surface water temperature is falling rapidly and the perch will migrate to the nearshore areas with 55 foot ideal where the shale meets the mud. October is the best time for perching and its more productive for filling your winter larder than sitting in a tree stand with a bow, 

• Like 1

Was out today off the catt the bite was hot. One guy came up on us almost drifted into us, then anchored within casting distance. I always see ppl catching fish on bad days and I can understand moving closer to them to try and get a few, but within casting distance is a little absurd.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics