Lakers

• 1 month later...

My son wanted to catch Lakers so we did a laker only trip out of Barcelona, fished 120 ft to 135 ft with gambler rigs with a spin and glows  { see lake Ontario united for gambler rigs} and spoons of riggers just off bottom. we made three passes and got 6 one pushing 25lb the others were in the 15 to 20 lb range. speed was 1.0 to 1.5 S.O.G. all fish were catch and release.

10 hours ago, stoneam2006 said:

I'll be heading to lake Erie for a trip sat if all goes well I'd like to swing out a little deeper and run a laker program. Gambler rigs on cowbells on bottom maybe a flasher fly also. Seen some big ones from guys catching them out there.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hay stonam how has the fishing going, took some guys out on Ontario last weekend boated 20 coho and 2 year old kings out in 300 ft of water took 4 kings over 20lb nice day. we did well on lakers on Erie ran Gambler rigs in green and a large spin and glow off riggers just off the bottom at 1 to 1.5 S.O.G.. also run divers a little higher up in the water  for bows and eyes. we got some nice bows there also.

• Like 1

Hay stonam how has the fishing going, took some guys out on Ontario last weekend boated 20 coho and 2 year old kings out in 300 ft of water took 4 kings over 20lb nice day. we did well on lakers on Erie ran Gambler rigs in green and a large spin and glow off riggers just off the bottom at 1 to 1.5 S.O.G.. also run divers a little higher up in the water  for bows and eyes. we got some nice bows there also.
Awesome hope I can catch some Erie fish. Will also throw some gambler rigs for Lakers. They are laker catching lures at their finest.

As for Ontario it's been awesome went 5 for 9 few weeks back with uncle and dad coho king and nice atlantic. Went out with a LOU member too and did some nice coho. Cannot wait for next season to get out there more with the bigger boat. Want to expand my fishing so going to try Erie as well. Hope I see you out on the water sometime. Hope all is well with you.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We fished out of Dunkirk yesterday targeting lakers, we ended up with 13 lakers & 3 walleyes. All the lakers where caught & released for another day but the eyes where eaten 3 hrs. later!  We had a good day!  All lakers where caught on Gambler rigs,10 ft off the bottom or at the depth of the fish sometimes at 80 fow  over 140 fow

• Like 4

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics