Map Upgrade for Lowrance (Help Please)

Hello All i have a Lowrance HDS 7 Gen 2 touch and want o upgrade the Map in the system. the contour lines on the preloaded map do not match up with sonar reading and want purchase a better map. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. i was thinking the Navionics Premium Hot Maps?

What chip is in the unit now? I have the navionics hot spots premium depending on the lake situations, they can be 5 to 10 ft off the most mine was off last year was 7ft. I don't know how much difference your talking about, you can also update your chip depending on the make.

No chip just the pre loaded lake insight map i believe. That's discouraging to hear about the hot maps premium i was hoping that would be more accurate. the pre loaded map in the unit is off about 10ft and is frustrating if i am trying to gameplan.The navionics App on my phone is surprisingly accurate and only off by 1ft or so and was looking for something similar or close for the HDS7. I did the software update last summer but not sure if that included the map.

I will say that was only 1 time the other lakes were spot on, and for the most LakeO was in a foot or less, and in the trench and around the islands it was right on. I'm more than pleased with the navionics. Can't you run the platinum chip in your hds unit?

yea i think i am going to have to purchase the hot maps premium i dont think i need the platinum. I think the differnce is platinum has 3D views and pics of marinas where premium does not but assuming both charts are the same i will save the money and go with Premium over platinum i do not need the 3D charting or pics. Just looking to get a more accurate TOPO of the bottom of lake.

I don't think you will be disappointed. I have the Elite 7HDI I have no regrets, for the first year you will receive free upgrades on the chip, take advantage of that after 1 year it will cost $90.00. I don't really know what the difference is between the platinum & premium other than the 3D, I like the 1ft intervals also which is spot on most of the time. Last year NY snow maker didn't do much as the lakes froze over earlier than normal, so the lake was 3 to 5ft low that's where the charts were off a little. This year so far I heard they were low, but with the warmer weather I hope here to stay will start to melt off in the northern areas. Good luck with your new chip.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics