Another newbie with lots of questions

Another newbie with lots of questions

I'm new to fishing lake erie. I just upgraded from a 16ft aluminum boat with a 25hp to a 21 foot deep v boat with a v6 inboard. So my question is where's a good place to get weather and wave info on lake erie? Any favorite sites or even better is there any app I can get? And also as a beginner and type of boat i have what size waves should I safely be able to handle out there and still be able to fish. I appreciate the advice and have tons more questions but this seems like a good place to start. 

One place is the NOAA.gov website for great lakes forecasts. Navigating a boat in the great lakes comes down to a lot of experience and your comfort level.  Driving through waves vs trolling is different as well.  If they are predicting more than 1-3ft waves i would stay off the lake.  even those waves can toss you around and push your boat all over until you are used to it.  Trolling with the waves is a good way to go but remember you still need to go against them at some point.  

• Like 1

There is a app called "surfing lakes" and is usually pretty accurate in forecasting the waves and weather. When you get into the app just go under the weather forecast section and it will tell you both wave and weather forecast

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 2

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics