All those bugs!

We complain about the swarms of bugs on the lake driving you off the water. Consider that their presence is an indication of healthy water and a good forage base for our fish there. For your comfort wear long sleeve shirts and long pants. There are light weight clothes made to protect you from the sun and bugs. It is really stupid to wear Bermuda shorts out there and have the flies eat your legs as they suck your blood. The infection possibilities are also to be considered. Protect your self.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

The last time I had house flies bite me like that I was in some crap hole in Saudi. I hate with un-dieing passion those flies. I swear we brought them back in the 90's and here they are. Every time the wind dies out on the lake they show up. They puke up on you and it stings right through my jeans! YUCK! BLAAAK! WILLIES

Black flies, horse flies and deer flies are around the water and even golf courses here. As I stated, long sleeve fishing shirts and long pants with socks will help you survive. Look at the Florida fishing shows and see how they dress especially to protect themselves from the sun cancer and bugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Buggspray biting fly formula is bar far the number one choice for guys on ontario.
Ultra shield i believe is what the name is that one of the posters was trying to remember, most of that product is for horses, not for humans but some people spray thier socks or something like that to help. I just found Ultra Shield Eco Friendly for the family, so it says. I hope to try it this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics