Sturgeon point

• 7 months later...
Does the entrance to Sturgeon Point get filled in with sand every winter?
I took a drive out that way yesterday and there's a big sand bar almost totally blocking off the harbor entrance. 

Yep - it’s definitely a design flaw. Someone will dredge it after all the ice is gone and the winter run off is over

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Yep - it’s definitely a design flaw. Someone will dredge it after all the ice is gone and the winter run off is over

The town does not have the money to dredge this year. It might be closed this year. We need to call their supervisor to put pressure on her . Being closed would be devastating to us boat fishermen

• 2 months later...

We have three State Parks where boat trailer boat ramps could be properly constructed on Lake Erie. The millions of dollars collected for registration fees, sales taxes on boats and equipment is where the money is at. It disappears in the "Black Hole" called Albany. Contact your legislators to see if we could get something back.

• Like 2

New ramps are being installed at the State site at the Cattaraugus Creek. When they will be available is unknown now. With Sturgeon Point being unopened the parking area at the Catt will be overwhelmed. Maybe the State or County could take over the dredging problems. It is thirty miles to Irving without any other boat ramps. Dunkirk and Barcelona are a lot more. Barcelona is fifty five miles each way.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics