Walleye Walleye this weekend

Walleye this weekend

Taking my brother in law and nephew out for the first time walleye fishing and my first time this year.  Can anyone provide some info, as to where to go/ start off, depth and what's working.  Thank an good luck

Tony (Slapshot)

Thanks.  LAunched out of SP and headed to myers reef.  We ended up with 3 walleye, released a smaller on and dropped 3 others.  All on stick bait, except the smaller one, which hit on a harness. Best depth was 45- 48 ft.  The best was getting my nephew his first walleye, after he dropped two others.  Great day to be on the water for the 1st time this year.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Caught a 5 or 6 pounder this afternoon in 70 feet of water south of Nickle Beach, Port Colborne. I was fishing 6 feet off the bottom using watermelon colored crawler harness with green and black beads. This was the first walleye I caught using a Chamberlain Release.  The line released and set the hooks the moment the walleye hit the crawler harness.

On 6/16/2018 at 6:38 PM, Canuknucklehead said:

Caught a 5 or 6 pounder this afternoon in 70 feet of water south of Nickle Beach, Port Colborne. I was fishing 6 feet off the bottom using watermelon colored crawler harness with green and black beads. This was the first walleye I caught using a Chamberlain Release.  The line released and set the hooks the moment the walleye hit the crawler harness.

Yep, the Chamberlains are the best. I use them for both walleye and salmon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics