Buffalo Harbor / SBH

Just finished up with a meeting with all the NY Sate,County,Outer Harbor Development at the U.S. Coast Guard Base Buffalo.Now listen to this carefully, they have taken down the 10 mph Speed Limit signs for the Buffalo Inter Harbor. They will no longer pull you over for speed in your boat as long as you are not reckless and putting others at harm,U.S. Coast Guard discretion.So if you respect other boats by using navigation rules on the water for passing other boats and move a little away from drifting or anchored boats you will have no problem.

Also the intersection of Furhmann Blvd & SBH boat Launch road will become a 4 Way Stop,eliminating the problem of speeding traffic down Furhmann Blvd causing near collisions with trailered boats trying to turn left coming out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 4

larry thanks for the update was confused with sign down n posters on launch saying other than that been fishing west of catt with little success all week gonna try east next couple days good luck to all in the tourney

Just finished up with a meeting with all the NY Sate,County,Outer Harbor Development at the U.S. Coast Guard Base Buffalo.Now listen to this carefully, they have taken down the 10 mph Speed Limit signs for the Buffalo Inter Harbor. They will no longer pull you over for speed in your boat as long as you are not reckless and putting others at harm,U.S. Coast Guard discretion.So if you respect other boats by using navigation rules on the water for passing other boats and move a little away from drifting or anchored boats you will have no problem.
Also the intersection of Furhmann Blvd & SBH boat Launch road will become a 4 Way Stop,eliminating the problem of speeding traffic down Furhmann Blvd causing near collisions with trailered boats trying to turn left coming out.

Interesting....last night there were 3 with their lights on...from north gap to south gap

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Doesn't mean the U.S. Coast Guard will not stop boats for safety equipment checks,just they will not ticket you for speeding if your following the boating rules of the road.This time of the year the U.S. Coast Guard Reserves are doing their training time and they will stop boats for safety checks a lot.Once you have been inspected once,they usually have your boat registration number and leave you alone.

2 hours ago, mostlymuskies said:

Doesn't mean the U.S. Coast Guard will not stop boats for safety equipment checks,just they will not ticket you for speeding if your following the boating rules of the road.This time of the year the U.S. Coast Guard Reserves are doing their training time and they will stop boats for safety checks a lot.Once you have been inspected once,they usually have your boat registration number and leave you alone.

Larry  Do you know if the reserves will do a pre inspection I was told if you get pre inspected they will give you a sticker but you have to take the boat to them I have looked online and cant find any info  ... Thanks Paul

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics