Walleye Small Boat Harbour Sat May 27

Easy bud just asked for a little input isn't that what this site is for. Never fished this way for them because I've always trolled no need to get so butt hurt about someone asking for advice on a fishing forum

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Oh my gosh, I've been called a troll, and a quitter, and who knows what else, by people who do not know me AT ALL. I fished out of Erie PA when I was a lad with my Grandfather, wonderful memories. Now, a couple years ago, I finally got a boat  again and I am trying my best to learn the lake, and the tactics and be successful.  I was just venting my frustration, that was echoing another fisherman's report of no luck, (although he didn't say it was dismal!). You guys really need to lighten up, and stop taking it so personal. We all get down from time to time, don't we?  Maybe I had a bad day. I have been watching and reading and checking this forum for a year, and only recently joined. I did not realize the recency of its formation, nor the low number of members, compared to the LOU site, so I'm sure that does account for some of the differences. On second thought, I did some more checking, and there is some very good information here, so I do stand corrected. But not as far as fishing reports. Not much to go on. You look at a report, and then you look at the date and it is from a year or more ago. Even a month is too old when you are trying to get a starting point for tomorrow. So, in my humble opinion it is lacking in that respect, again, maybe because of the newness and low membership. I do not need someone to hook the fish on my line, as was stated, I am just looking to find a starting point when I go out, when I read the reports.  I would love to find success on Erie, because I like walleye and perch to eat much better than salmon. But so far, I have not had any luck, and I don't see any evidence of people catching many either. You check the papers, the internet, you tube, and there is not much to go on, and from what I see this year, it is mediocre when you do see a recent  report. Maybe they stay to the west until later in the year? I do share information after my trips to help others when I can. And I do anything I can to make the most of the little time I have to fish. I am really sorry I got off on the wrong foot. Oh, and lastly, thanks to some of you for the words of encouragement.  

Edited by garrymny

garrymny..... The best thing to do right now is wait. Warmer water will definitely help with daytime walleye fishing. I've had limited success until late June or early July, and I usually fish Ontario until then. I live 2 hours from Lake Erie, and usually can glean enough information from posts to know when and where to go. For now, get your lead core set ups ready, get a couple divers ready, and wait for the water to push into the mid 60's. Perch is another topic. For them, you gotta find them to catch them. And that can be a challenge without an information network...... But keep at it, and whether you catch 1 or a limit, enjoy the time fishing Erie. She's one of a kind................... 

• Like 3

Thank you Sparrow. I just read what the Sanders Fishing Guide Book says about Lake Erie. I do know it is a good fishery, I guess I was just getting disgusted. I am going to keep trying until I get it. My sister down in PA wants me to take her so I think I will take her out of NorthEast, PA one of these weekends. I live within 30 mins of SBH, and I can be Olcott in 45 mins to an hour. Lucky to be close to both Lakes.

Edited by garrymny

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics