Walleye Small Boat Harbour Sat May 27

Small Boat Harbour Sat May 27

Fished today in front of wind mills. 9 rods  depth water 42 ft to 19 ft.

Not a single fish 7 AM till noon.

Not even a junk fish or a bass

DEC girl was taking a survey when we put boat on trailer. She had a grand total of 1 walleye and 3 smallies at noon and there had to be around 50 boats out there. A few guys at Seneca shoals which we did not fish and the rest scattered between wind mills and south gap. Tried stick baits and harnesses. 2 colors lead and 20 ft jet and snap weight.

Didly squat

Puking Dog- Sorry to hear you had a tough day. Were you making any fish or bait? What kind of surface temps? Planning to hit same area Monday. Was told eyes were right on bottom in about 30 Dow.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

don't know surface temp. was on a buddies boat that didn't have temp function.  Marked a few fish and they were right a the bottom with few exceptions. marked some bait but not a lot. Fish may have been feeding all night and just were not hungry. The were many boats in shallower than us, drifting and bottom bouncing but I like trolling. The fact that no one else at the launch was reporting fish caught tell me it wasn't just us or our techniques.

• Like 1

I pretty much gave up on Lake Erie after making a dozen trips with nothing. Now I go for Salmon and Steelhead in LO. Sad, all I have ever heard is how great Erie Fishing is, an I finally got a boat again  last year  and it is dismal on Lake Erie. Not only that, compared tot he Lake Ontario United Forum, this Erie Forum is junk as far as sharing of knowledge and fishing reports.  

Edited by garrymny

LOU has 19,683 members and has been around for many years. LEU has only 1,269 members and has only been around for a little over a year. It's like comparing Apples to watermelons.Both Lakes are world class fisheries we are blessed.If you want information just handed to you maybe Lake Ontario is for you.Most of LEU members are also members of LOU.I look at it as give a little get a little.Your 1st post here and your bashing it.Not the best way to get info.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, garrymny said:

I pretty much gave up on Lake Erie after making a dozen trips with nothing. Now I go for Salmon and Steelhead in LO. Sad, all I have ever heard is how great Erie Fishing is, an I finally got a boat again  last year  and it is dismal on Lake Erie. Not only that, compared tot he Lake Ontario United Forum, this Erie Forum is junk as far as sharing of knowledge and fishing reports.  

I fished erie for my 1st time last year  I'm guessing 4 or 5 times on weekends Barcelona and Dunkirk  with the help of the guys on this site we put over 30 eyes ( biggest was 31 inches ) in the boat .. to some guys that's not a lot but I was happy !! try asking questions about your set-up and how other guys rig I also went to the walleye school in Erie Pa about a month ago I'm sure we"ll do better this year !!! it is world class don't give up

• Like 3

11 hours ago, garrymny said:

A dozen trips means you're a rookie. Learn how to fish the lake and you will catch fish. Erie is a top notch walleye, perch, bass, sheepshead etc.etc.etc. lake. Do you give up so easily on everything you do? I've been fishing Erie for over fifty years and learned alot on my own. As for this forum, there are many posts on here from knowledgeable fishermen giving detailed reports. Go back and read them and learn. Rant over!!!    Not quite........you only joined the forum eleven hours ago....  :emoticon-0179-headbang:

Edited by Locoman
new info
  • Like 3

Seems every one wants the info handed to them these days and don't want to put in the time or the effort.... paying attention to detail goes along ways.... imagine if these guys fished when there wasn't any internet?.... would be a lot less boat traffic....

23 hours ago, garrymny said:

Taking a walleye charter out of the port of your choice would be a good way to get started....... I'll bet that if you'd have done that prior to your dozen trips, you'd have boated plenty of fish "on your own". 

• Like 2

Like others say this is great site and just starting but I feel that there is a ton of info already. I know I have increased my catch rate from the help on here. I try to post info when as much as I can. Like youngblood said give a little get a little.

I feel like most of us are just looking for a starting point being mostly a weekend warrior for me, the fish can move out quickly. I just hope like other sites I have been on this does not get into a pissing match that causes guys to leave.

The other difference between here and LOU is that LOU has many charters that post and fish daily.

This is a great site and has a ton of great info.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2017 at 8:49 AM, garrymny said:

Adios!!

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 8:28 PM, Thumbburn said:

Seems every one wants the info handed to them these days and don't want to put in the time or the effort.... paying attention to detail goes along ways.... imagine if these guys fished when there wasn't any internet?.... would be a lot less boat traffic....

Maybe he wants some one to put the fish on the hook for him.  lol

• Like 1

Small Boat Harbour Sat May 27 Fished today in front of wind mills. 9 rods  depth water 42 ft to 19 ft.
Not a single fish 7 AM till noon.
Not even a junk fish or a bass
DEC girl was taking a survey when we put boat on trailer. She had a grand total of 1 walleye and 3 smallies at noon and there had to be around 50 boats out there. A few guys at Seneca shoals which we did not fish and the rest scattered between wind mills and south gap. Tried stick baits and harnesses. 2 colors lead and 20 ft jet and snap weight.
Didly squat

I was out Saturday and Sunday too. We searched from the windmills in 15-40' over to Meyers and back over top Seneca. Ran in to donnellys wall and the other break walls at the mouth and only a few bass. I bottom bounced harnesses, trolled deep divers and shallow sticks on 2-5 colors of lead, straight deep divers on braid, etc. We marked very few fish, and what we did mark was glued to structure. Even tried jigging the structure for a bit with no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I have lived and fished in the Dakotas. Fished on Lake Oathe north of Mobridge SD good fishing but not to the caliber of Lake Erie. Garrymny should be happy to have a lake to catch big walleye in and stop bad mouthing a great fishery and a top notch group of guys that are more then happy to share info.

I didn't intend to start a pissin match with this post. I was simply providing a fishing report so people wouldn't waste time and gas fishing at wind mills and try somewhere else till someone else posts that fish are back to wind mills. I've caught tons of walleye on Erie. You just have to find them. I thought that's what this web site was for. To share info. Chill !

3 hours ago, jimski2 said:

The walleye fishing turns on every year when the tiger lilies bloom along the Lake Erie shoreline. Just cut your grass and complete your "honey doos" , things will get better.

This from Jimski  & my father use to say they "start"  with the snowball bush blooms,  what more info. does a person need!? get rid of all the tech. equip.   lol

Ditto from what Locoman said..you obviously haven't poked around this rather new site, because many have shared a Lotta great info to help newbies as well as veterans catch a few more fish

They in the 25 to 30ft during the day already?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

We got nine last night 8 to 15 feet of water near Hamburg beach

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

How about the guys who constantly piss & moan about the lack of "information" they get from Erie anglers, go on a charter with one of these professionals & observe techniques & areas they use? Even an idiot like me can try to replicate what I've seen. Walleye can be caught using multiple tactics that are effective at different times during the year. These tactics can vary day to day. What they wanted yesterday may not work today. But you definitely can't catch them in front of your computer, so get out on the lake & put the time in!

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics