Fish Camp

Hello ... after hours online with no luck .. I'm looking for fish camps or places to stay from Dunkirk to buffalo  I would like to find a place on the water or at least get a slip for the  weekend after driving 6 hours I really don't want to trailer the boat every night !! Thank you

• shinintimes get a hold of Sluggo, they go out several times a year, if interested look up Blue water campground, they don't have slips but they do have a cabin for rent. I don't exactly know how far it is to put boat in but it's not overly far. Also Larry from mostlymuskies will help you he is a great guy. Hope that helps a little? PAP.

Shinintimes:

There really are no campgrounds right at Dunkirk.   Closest to Dunkirk would the state park mentioned above.  Blue water and a KOA are closer to Barcelona.     There are slips at the marina in Dunkirk, and a hotel (Clarion).   There are also 3-4 hotels out at the I-90 exchange, 4 miles or so to Dunkirk.

Shinintimes.. I don't know of any campgrounds or cabins with docking. I know you can dock overnight at Barcelona Harbor, but it's not patrolled or very secure. We stay at a motel about three miles from the launch and drag back and forth. Not a big deal for us. I like the launch and parking much better at Barcelona than Dunkirk, but I'm also more used to it. Let me know if you want any info. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Thanks Chris I will take all the info I can get !!  i'm sure it's going to take a few trips to put together a system .. do you pay to launch in Barcelona ? From the reports I seen last year it seems like you can follow the fish up the eastern shore so I plan on hitting all the ports at some point !! Thanks Paul

Yes you pay at Barcelona and everywhere else for that matter, I can't think of any "camps" from buffalo to Barcelona like others said hotel and trailers the best option. Maybe a cottage in Angola with a dock on Cattaragus creek but I don't think it's cheap by any means

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Paul I know for sure that blue water has a cabin I rented it, well put a $75 deposit to hold it for the 2nd week of June. That's when I had my accident and couldn't make it so I lost my deposit money. Good luck, you would think with such good fishing there would be better accommodations, I guess it's the hidden walleye towns. LOL

Man that's exactly what we're looking for, how far is this from a marinia? I know the guys would like these cabins as they look like the cabins we used to stay in up in Canada. Thanks for any help!!

Thanks Steelie, that's a big help!! We could easily stay a week in those cabins. I can't wait to show the guys what I found. I'm going to tell them this is where I'm staying while you guys go to Canada  that week. Man they will POed at me LOL again thanks for the heads up PAP.

5 hours ago, shinintimes said:

Thanks everyone that is a great start !!! I found every good spot on lake O it only took 20+ years :emoticon-0100-smile: if it comes down to it i'll sleep in my truck to fish that lake but a bed sure is nice

Man that gets old quick bud, used to do that in my younger days.:emoticon-0113-sleepy: I'm really interested in those cabins, see what happens till the 2nd week in June. Sounds like this site has turned a lot guys on to the eastern end of Erie!!! I can't wait till guys start posting pics. Of nice sized eyes. Till next time stay safe and tight lines  to the guys that get outIII PAP

Those cabins are beautiful.  If you are ever looking for just a hotel, we always stay at the Theater Motel in Mayville.  Its only a few miles from Barcelona Harbor.  The owner is very nice and we can clean fish on the tailgate of the trucks right next to a water hookup that he lets everyone use.  Only once has there ever been a problem booking it. Oh yeah, he also lets you take all the ice you need for free.  That is VERY helpful when you are fishing in July and August!

Thanks DJ. Every little piece of info is important to help make things easier to find a place to hang your hat at the end of a hard day of fishing. Those little details like fish cleaning and ice are important!! Thanks for sharing. . :emoticon-0178-rock: :emoticon-0148-yes:  PAP.

On March 23, 2016 at 8:50 AM, DJ 717 said:

Those cabins are beautiful.  If you are ever looking for just a hotel, we always stay at the Theater Motel in Mayville.  Its only a few miles from Barcelona Harbor.  The owner is very nice and we can clean fish on the tailgate of the trucks right next to a water hookup that he lets everyone use.  Only once has there ever been a problem booking it. Oh yeah, he also lets you take all the ice you need for free.  That is VERY helpful when you are fishing in July and August!

This is where we've stayed for years as well.. Although it's in Westfield..not Mayville. It's clean and reasonable. It sleeps two guys per room..unless you're really chummy. There are several good eateries close by..including a great bar-b-que just down the road. And as DJ said.. The ice-maker is a real plus. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris) 

Thanks guys I looked up the theater motel online the rooms look good the only thing they didn't have on the website was room rates but that's ok I have the number in my phone and address in the gps now all I need is some reports saying its time to fish.... Paul

On March 23, 2016 at 8:50 AM, DJ 717 said:

This is where we've stayed for years as well.. Although it's in Westfield..not Mayville. It's clean and reasonable. It sleeps two guys per room..unless you're really chummy. There are several good eateries close by..including a great bar-b-que just down the road. And as DJ said.. The ice-maker is a real plus. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris) 

18 hours ago, shinintimes said:

Thanks guys I looked up the theater motel online the rooms look good the only thing they didn't have on the website was room rates but that's ok I have the number in my phone and address in the gps now all I need is some reports saying its time to fish.... Paul

Paul.. As I recall, the double rooms are about $70/night. If you do call and book there ask for one of the rooms across from the office. On that side there's plenty of room to back your rig right up to the room and leave it hooked up. Plus.. You're closer to the ice-maker. We don't usually start hitting there till July.. Unless my charter buddy out there calls me with some great reports. Hope to make it out three or four times this summer. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics