Walleye Walleye page 2017

Ten percent did you get fishing partner I will be solo at the cat coming from hemlock

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Hey rvan...I did put together a crew. Leaving from Cohocton & either going to barcelona, catt or dunkirk. A buddy is going to barcelona. Got into quality size fish. Guess I will sleep on it & see where my crew wants to go..you should drop me some contact info via pm (cell). It's not always easy finding someone to go when you can..good luck

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

Hey rvan...I did put together a crew. Leaving from Cohocton & either going to barcelona, catt or dunkirk. A buddy is going to barcelona. Got into quality size fish. Guess I will sleep on it & see where my crew wants to go..you should drop me some contact info via pm (cell). It's not always easy finding someone to go when you can..good luck

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Cohocton as in near naples? My grandmother owned that bed and breakfast there that burnt down some years ago

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Fished west of the Catt today, caught 23 in less than 4 hours. 82 fow, found a real nice class of 22" or 23" fish. No real big guys but only 2 of the 18 we kept were less than 18" and their swim bladders were out so we kept them. They were legal but only about 16 or 17 inches.   All sticks and spoons, put one harness out and after two hours of no hits I pulled it and put a spoon on.  Dipsies on 3 out 215' were good, riggers down 75 to 80 feet caught a bunch and dipsies on 1 out 165' were ok. I can't remember exactly what caught but here is pretty good guess.  

Copper and orange spoon on a dipsey out 215' on 3, very much like a chicken wing spoon was MVP for sure, probably got 7 or 8 fish on that and all were over 20".  

Crushed sea corral Bay Rat and a gold back purple and white NK28 on the two riggers probably caught the next most.  Fluttering them was working almost 75% of the time.  Riggers combined for maybe 10 fish total.  

Bay Rats in purple, fire tiger Bay Rat, and rainbow trout made up the rest. 

Another awesome day, I am quickly gravitating more and more toward spoons. I have been very lucky to get two or three man limits 5 or 6 times in the last month or so and a lot of those fish came on spoons. Good luck to those going tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Pretty much the same Catt report as the reports above except we spent our time in 90 - 95 fow....... and constant fish on the screen. miles of fish.

What concerns me is the lack of bait...... I don't think we marked one pod of bait........ They are all nerved up about alewives on Ontario. Is anyone concerned about these 2 year classes of walleyes eating Lake Erie out of bait?

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics