Walleye Walleye page 2017

Yesterday, while perch fishing out of the Catt, there were a couple guys on the radio who were obviously walleye fishing, and their reports were thin. Sounded like a struggle for the 2 or 3 fish they had. But, there were definitely boats leaving the harbor all day, running out to fish for walleye. 

• Like 1

I fished out of the Northeast marina Friday thru Monday. Only boated 3 legal walleyes. You name it I tried it. From 40 FOW to 115 FOW. Trolled over 60 miles. From the NY line to the stacks in Erie. Caught some of the smallest walleye in my life, were talking 6 to 8 inches but only 3 over 17, 18 inches. We did catch some really nice small mouths and marked a ton of perch on Friday in 70 FOW.
I think the fish up around Dunkirk are local fish and you might do really well there but as far as the Pa. walleye, I think they are moving east. Good luck ( Stillwater) hope you the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

Wow that is a lot of water covered Fishnut. Thanks for the latest updates guys. Now I have to watch the weather and decide where to go. Options include: Erie, Oneida, or locally on I-Bay or Conesus. The Walleye is a great fish and this has been a fun learning season. One more trip then put away the boat. Grouse and Deer need some attention. Thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge!

Gotchas and Jigging raps are both balance jigs.  They get their action from their balance point and body shape.  Jigging raps are at their best fished vertically.  Gotchas excel when they are out at an angle (cast/drift).  When it is super windy and tough to slow down your drift, the gotchas really shine.     

• Like 3

Gotchas and Jigging raps are both balance jigs.  They get their action from their balance point and body shape.  Jigging raps are at their best fished vertically.  Gotchas excel when they are out at an angle (cast/drift).  When it is super windy and tough to slow down your drift, the gotchas really shine.     

Sting nose jigs work the best

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Guys, do you put anything on your jigs in October or go with bare hooks?

Through the ice I like to use the head of an emerald shiner on jigging raps on Oneida and it works well.

The Sting nose looks pretty good. I plan to give them a try (I already ordered some Got-chas). I am looking forward to trying these new jigs.

• 1 month later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics