Walleye Walleye page 2017

Tomorrow is the final trip of the year. going to Dunkirk believe the fish will still be there despite 41 degree temp right now on GI. Dunkirk has been good to us this year with many limits. Plan is to get our limit and be home by half time of the Bills game. Hopefully its a good day for us and the Bills!!!

19 hours ago, Fishkiller16 said:

There is no doubt that these fish are the ones that spawn between Brockton and buffalo they are 100% our local fish I have to disagree with the theory that the small fish migrate back to Ohio I personally feel it's the other way around

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

It makes sense, because these fish have been hugging the bottom all summer, which eastern basin fish tend to do. The western basin fish are the ones who spawn in rivers and suspend in the summer. I hope you're right, because the walleye fishing should be just as good for the next few summers!

Went out of the Catt yesterday with my son from 2-6 listened to the game. We did 12 fish kept 4 over 20". We were in 80-85 ft and fish were not just on the bottom. They were scattered throughout all the fish that hit the box were off a 5 color lead with ultimate outdoors custom blue bay rat. Riggers were tight to the bottom with our harness's and dipsy's were also deeper at 165 on #2 on wire. Still plenty of fish with some bigger fish in the top 40ft??

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 4

This past Sunday was a good day for us and the Bills!! Had to work alittle harder then previous trips to get our 3 man limit. By the time we cleaned our fish we had missed most of the Bills great win over the Falcons. We listened to the play by play on WGR and it was awsome!! Found our fish off Van Buraen in 85-105 fow. !0 color, divers out 180 to 230 and riggers at 80-90 down took fish. Sticks on all rods accept riggers we ran harnesses. Fluttering riggers was pretty good. This will be last trip of 2017. Its hard to stop its been so good especially this past month. Anyhow, want to thank everyone for all the sharing that theres been on this site this year. Each year LEU has gotten better!! I'm not a perch guy but wish a great fall to you guys . Can't wait till next year!  GO BILLS!!!

• Like 5

Last Tuesday down off Lorain ,Ohio, limits of walleyes were taken fishing the top twenty foot of water. The strong offshore wind caused an upwelling of cold water on the bottom of the lake. Our graph showed nothing on the bottom but these fellows decided to fish the top water as we do in the spring and early summer and limited out. so if nothing showing on the bottom fish on top.

4 hours ago, jimski2 said:

Last Tuesday down off Lorain ,Ohio, limits of walleyes were taken fishing the top twenty foot of water. The strong offshore wind caused an upwelling of cold water on the bottom of the lake. Our graph showed nothing on the bottom but these fellows decided to fish the top water as we do in the spring and early summer and limited out. so if nothing showing on the bottom fish on top.

I hope this holds true for further east. ill be fishing out of Northeast Friday thru Monday.  hopefully a few steelhead stagers too.

Anyone walleye fishing this weekend?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

We'll be fishing out of northeast all weekend, hoping for some walleye and a few steelhead. Leaving Kersey Pa. at 7am hoping to be on the lake by 11. A starting point would be appreciated. First trip in our new boat, would like to get some fish on the deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics