Walleye Walleye page 2017

Wish I was there...this work stuff is Def over rated, but a necessary Evil to fund all that fun fishing /hunting stuff

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

That's for sure I have TEN years to go not sure am gonna last that long

Sent from my VS986 using Lake Erie United mobile app

From 8 to 12 AM today, picked up ten, eighteen to twenty eight inches . Four throwbacks in seventy six to seventy feet of water from the Catt and east as the wind was steady and stronger. Harnesses, spoons and Renosky stickbaits all worked. There you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 2

3 hours ago, yellowpike said:

That's for sure I have TEN years to go not sure am gonna last that longemoji476.png emoji226.png emoji226.png emoji226.png

Sent from my VS986 using Lake Erie United mobile app

I hear you John I'm on a 2 year plan then I will live and work somewhere from westfield to the catt I cant take working in NYC anymore !!!! just hope I can last that long 

• Like 2

Finished up my season on my 31 footer Wednesday. I may get out a few more times on my buddies Ranger 621FS. We finished with 1027 walleyes total, with 590 we kept, we threw back hundreds of sublegal and legal walleyes this year. 26 years total fishing this lake and 5 years of chartering and I can't remember a year like this. 06 and 07 were awesome years out there with the 03 hatch but nothing compared to this season. I hope it continues the next couple of years this hot. We are in a unique situation now with 3 extremely good year hatches in play (14,15,16). I hope we were able to help you guys out with information and such this year. One other note Rob Kroh and I are running the Southtowns Walleye Assocation Tournament for 2018 and there are some pretty big changes coming up for next year that I think all will be happy about. We are moving our 3 team boats from the Catt to our winter home at Mid River Marina today. Good luck to all who continue to fish it should be good for a while yet. Well I guess we will go clean the house finally.....lol get the garage set up for butchering our deer, and start shooting the bow. Hell I have rifle to sight in I forgot about with this good fishing. Look for us at the Niagara Falls fishing show in January and the Hamburg show in march.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Fishkiller16 said:

Finished up my season on my 31 footer Wednesday. I may get out a few more times on my buddies Ranger 621FS. We finished with 1027 walleyes total, with 590 we kept, we threw back hundreds of sublegal and legal walleyes this year. 26 years total fishing this lake and 5 years of chartering and I can't remember a year like this. 06 and 07 were awesome years out there with the 03 hatch but nothing compared time this season. I hope it continues the next couple of years this hot. We are in a unique situation now with 3 extremely good year hatches in play (14,15,16). I hope we were able to help you guys out with information and such this year. One other note Rob Kroh and I are running the Southtowns Walleye Assocation Tournament for 2018 and there are some pretty big changes coming up for next year that I think all will be happy about. We are moving our 3 team boats from the Catt to our winter home at Mid River Marina today. Good luck to all who continue to fish it should be good for a while yet. Well I guess we will go clean the house finally.....lol get the garage set up for butchering our deer, and start shooting the bow. Hell I have rifle to sight in I forgot about with this good fishing. Look for us at the Niagara Falls fishing show in January and the Hamburg show in march.

be nice to incorporate something that would get the tourney boats excited about fishing. 

• Like 3

Thanks Jim your learning charter helped me be able to put fish on deck in my boat and the information provided here from you and others give us new guys places to start. And not just for walleye (at least for me). Many of your techniques and things you showed me I used all summer from lake o fingers and now Erie. I will be I touch as we have a boat to rig lol. See you at the show if not sooner hope to see some bbd pics.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Fishkiller16 said:

I'm thinking these fish from dunkirk to the catt are our local school. I bet these fish won't go west. They will scatter but stay local.

Interesting. Do you think these are the fish that spawn in the Hamburg area in the spring? What could be the reason for so many fish all of the sudden?

Edited by Two Fingers
poor grammar

There is no doubt that these fish are the ones that spawn between Brockton and buffalo they are 100% our local fish I have to disagree with the theory that the small fish migrate back to Ohio I personally feel it's the other way around

I also believe the smaller fish are local I thought the bigger fish came from Ohio seeking deeper and cooler water as the summer progresses

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics