Walleye Walleye page 2017

You mind sharing what these spoons look like please. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

20170922_070301.jpg here is what my dreamweaver..WD/worm burner spoon selection looks like for Sunday..I have some other color choices I can swap out the worm rig hooks if needed..if you buy em w worm hooks they are tied on wire, which is fine until you have a bunch of eyes pound em then they get all kinked and are useless. I tied some hooks using 20 lb fluro..damn I should be sleeping..kinda like Christmas when you were a little kid I guess..hope to put some smile on some young lads who have never even been on a boat yet..shuld be another pretty day on Erie tomoro

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

A bottom bouncer is a lead sinker, probably two to three ounces, with a worm harness or a shallow diving stickbait attached above it. It is let out till it hits the bottom and the line drag in the water lifts it by boat speed through the water. It is best fished by holding the rod in your hand so you feel any hits. You also check the depth occasionally by letting the sinker touch bottom. Some sinkers have a long brass rod through them to help avoid snags.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Def put smiles on the young lads today..fished in the pack between catt n dunkirk 75 to 85 fow..first fish off the rigger I knew it was a good one..passed the rod to Tyler 14 who landed a 9 lb class beauty..maybe 8.5... we picked away till we ran outta worms. 2 shy of a 4 man/boy limit..renoski off the dipsey did damage..20 ft lead 200 back on a 1.5 setting, worm burners off riggers..ran a 10 color w a variety of sticks..nada..by far our best action was popping em off riggers. I can tell you one thing..grampa is gonna get some electric downriggers...lol

• Like 3

Def put smiles on the young lads today..fished in the pack between catt n dunkirk 75 to 85 fow..first fish off the rigger I knew it was a good one..passed the rod to Tyler 14 who landed a 9 lb class beauty..maybe 8.5... we picked away till we ran outta worms. 2 shy of a 4 man/boy limit..renoski off the dipsey did damage..20 ft lead 200 back on a 1.5 setting, worm burners off riggers..ran a 10 color w a variety of sticks..nada..by far our best action was popping em off riggers. I can tell you one thing..grampa is gonna get some electric downriggers...lol

18312.jpeg

• Like 3

I was out today southwest of the weather buoy, tried spoons, and crankbaits and caught nothing. Changed over to worm harness and caught 2 walleye in less than 20 minutes in 80 FOW about 15 feet off the bottom. Shortly after that, I called it a day, the flies were driving me nuts. I must have swallowed a dozen or more.

Nice work Ten Percent. Just curious how you manage 20' leads off the dipsy's. 20' handle on your landing net?? Hand lining them? I would love to use a bit longer lead but am limited to 8' or so due to space constraints. Tight lines....

Yeah I hand line em in once dipsey is in..I bought the slide divers but don't thin they go deep enough..good earlier in the year I bet

Nice work Ten Percent. Just curious how you manage 20' leads off the dipsy's. 20' handle on your landing net?? Hand lining them? I would love to use a bit longer lead but am limited to 8' or so due to space constraints. Tight lines....

I've been talking to guys who do it with salmon too...ive just been to scared to try it lol. Seems like could be a issue trying to handline

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

A buddy of mine fishes solo a lot and told me that's how he was running and thought he was having better luck..gotta be tricky netting..but I tried it and have done well..give it a try..experiment. run 1 long and one normal length see what happens

I will 20 foot from dipsy to lure?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Ten Percent said:

Yeah I hand line em in once dipsey is in..I bought the slide divers but don't thin they go deep enough..good earlier in the year I bet

You can buy a larger rings for more depth.It's got to be easier to deploy and not have to hand line.https://www.fishusa.com/product/UCharters-Slide-Diver-Performance-Rings

What a great weekend west of Dunkirk. Fished with my son saturday for the first time. He reeled in at least 24 eyes. Sunday fished with my uncle, who hadn't fished Erie in 20 years reeled in at least 20, including two 9.5#ers. Thanks to my good friends ingeniously designed worm harness blades. Wonder bread blades were amazing. Frog pattern was good as well.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 3

Took one last trip today out of Dunkirk for the year. We had our two-man limit in 84-89 fow by a few minutes after 9 am. We then decided to try to go for Lakers so we pulled the lines and motored out to 115 fow. We then trolled northwest to about 122 fow We put all spoons on dipsys set all the way back to 328 ft on the outside and 278 ft on the inside. The rigger was set near bottom. We didn't have bottom temp (fish hawks next!). No trout to speak of today (but I got a surprise 10 lb steel head yesterday). Even set back that deep we still couldn't keep the Walleye off. What a year it's been!

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics