Walleye Walleye page 2017

Out of catt today, wife and I boxed 10 and released 5, largest was 24. We ran 2 rods, one a dipsey at 2.5 and 180. Other rod was 10 color lead. Four times we doubled, both rods took equal. All on harnesses, one watermelon the other blue. Its unreal out there right now. Was going to run 2 more rods but the action was fast with 2. Hot time was 9:30 to 11:30. Also took 6 perch and probably 7or 8 silver bass. Great day on the lake. What a stretch of smooth water/weather we've had. Get em while they're hot!

Sent from my LGL62VL using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

Got our two man limit in a couple hours out of the Cat. I shut her down and tried jigging for them with a bunch of different lures that all work in the western basin, but nothing here.  Our fish came on rainbow renoskis and alewife pattern Michigan stinger. Riggers and dipseys. Just get it down there.

• Like 2

It must be a lot of fun fighting a 17 in her when you have 200 ft of line out with with a dipsey our with lead core. You might as well hook in into a shoe which would probably give you a better fight.
I'm on bottom bouncer and I like to feel the fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Nice work yellow. Boxed out with a 3 man limit by noon then goosed her up a bit for some steelies and blanked. Beautiful day though.IMG_0634.thumb.JPG.d4629553a8a7530b13d989a5826a0cf6.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Great day out there today. The weather was perfect

Sent from my VS986 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

3 man limit off the catt this morning and a handful of throwbacks. 90 fow. Alewife and copper spoons were the most active for us. Perfect day out there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

20170923_135437.thumb.jpg.fd20069df63b04f90bb76042e6117a1f.jpg

I will be out there on em tomoro..looks like we might be dragging 1 or 2 young lads along with us..they better get their butt outta bed..train leaves at 530..will post a report end of day

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

If you need a another man am open for to. Tommrow

Sent from my VS986 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Hey yellow...looks like it's gonna be 2 adults and 2 kids..staying w my cousin in Gowanada..close to the Catt. ..I Def would like to take you out on Ten Percent, but I think we should schedule another day..I'm in though..stay in touch

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

Off the Catt Sat 9/23. Had a great day today (finally). Got 19 walleyes and a few silver bass. We struggled our first two times out, but many thanks to all those who gave me advice and tips, it helped. Going out again tomorrow to try some more.  The fluttering technique worked pretty well, with a spoon, and the rest came off dives back 230. No actual hits on the downriggers at all. I thought that was strange.

• Like 2

Off the Catt Sat 9/23. Had a great day today (finally). Got 19 walleyes and a few silver bass. We struggled our first two times out, but many thanks to all those who gave me advice and tips, it helped. Going out again tomorrow to try some more.  The fluttering technique worked pretty well, with a spoon, and the rest came off dives back 230. No actual hits on the downriggers at all. I thought that was strange.

You mind sharing what these spoons look like please. Thanks

1 minute ago, BigDipper83 said:

The spoons we got them on were: a purple spoon with a chartreuse strip down the edge- it had a copper back, and  the other was a michigan stinger purple on the front, and it had a solid chartreuse back. Also got one or two on fire tiger worm burner, and the rest on worm harnesses. A few were taken in hatchet style harness. Fire tiger color was good for us.  Nothing on stick baits for us, probably trollin too slow for them work properly.

You mind sharing what these spoons look like please. Thanks

• Like 2

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics