Walleye Walleye page 2017

Did over 60 in 6 hrs off the Catt today. We fished 8 till 2 , and it never slowed down. We fished outside of the pack all day. We selectively kept our 4 man limit. Fished the last 4 days and caught almost 200 total. Not a day in the last month that we didn't limit out. No sign of a major weather change coming up, should be good for a while yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Achilles said:

I hear you garrymny. Was out this Monday and marked what seemed liked thousands. Same today but I ran a little different program and smoked them. Got our limit in 1.5hrs. Alewife spoons with meat on dipsy 200 hundred back did 90% of the work for us. Couldn't keep the dipsy's in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Thanks for the tip. What brand is the alewife spoon? When you say meat do you mean you put a crawler on the treble hook? Also what time were you fishing? Thanks again.

30 minutes ago, Fishkiller16 said:

Did over 60 in 6 hrs off the Catt today. We fished 8 till 2 , and it never slowed down. We fished outside of the pack all day. We selectively kept our 4 man limit. Fished the last 4 days and caught almost 200 total. Not a day in the last month that we didn't limit out. No sign of a major weather change coming up, should be good for a while yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

and thats why your called Fishkiller!  I wish I had your expertise. I also tried to stay away from everyone. Maybe I  should have went farther out, but we were almost to the Canadian Border, and then it started getting shallower. Went from 80 then started to go back up to 69 before we turned south again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Headshaker said:

I tie my own harnesses with both willows and colorado blades, we were using colorados in purple copper I tie them with blood run walleye leaders off the dipseys and we couldnt keep up with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

do you make them with the willow leaf and the colorado on the same harness?

and thats why your called Fishkiller!  I wish I had your expertise. I also tried to stay away from everyone. Maybe I  should have went farther out, but we were almost to the Canadian Border, and then it started getting shallower. Went from 80 then started to go back up to 69 before we turned south again.
I had the opportunity to go on a learning charter with Captain Jim in late June. He taught me a ton on that trip that I use every trip out wether for salmon trout or eyes from lake O the fingers and now lake Erie. He and his mate has a ton of knowledge and was more than happy to share it and answer any questions I had.

Pics are of me and my dad with my first ever eye and my dad's 2nd ever and both our first time out on Erie. Weather sucked that day too...only time I ever got sea sick. Rained really good too lol.

Guys like that and many of the guys on these forums are the reasons newbies like myself can go out and catch fish. The learning curve is greatly reduced and for that I say thanks to you all who continue to post detailed reports and answer our questions in posts and when we meet onshore. Kudos60e7eb5582613cfae0f5b52ad573092b.jpga556cdafacaa81d8dcbe365504c8766c.jpg6e2069adbd19d4f945bee29cefb0ecf2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Fished solo today outside the Catt just to the east in 80.ft mostly. did 23 eyes. Lots of tho backs and took a selective box 18-26 inches. Harness in wonder bread seem to be the MVP Of the day. Dipsy at 165 set on #2 165 back on wire worked great all day. Riggers run a couple feet of bottom and at times with short leads off the ball 8ft. When you see them follow the ball on your graph. Another great day on erie. Were lucky to have her. Where else can you fish walleye like this.

Good fishin guys...

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 4

10 hours ago, garrymny said:

Thanks for the tip. What brand is the alewife spoon? When you say meat do you mean you put a crawler on the treble hook? Also what time were you fishing? Thanks again.

Michigan stinger alewife, mid size is the one that I got and has been hot lately. I assume they put a piece of crawler on, I have used scents as well.

• Like 1

Fishkiller16. I didn't know you were a Charter Captain. I want to go on a "learning charter" I just upgraded to a 22 foot Grady White and I had fish hawk, autopilot, downriggers, planer mast etc,. What I need is knowledge. This is my second summer on erie and Ontario and I know we should be doing better, when I see reports like your where you got 60, but we only caught 6! Please message me with price and availability for the next week or so. I have two others that will likely come along. I need help. Thanks, Garry.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

Fishkiller16. I didn't know you were a Charter Captain. I want to go on a "learning charter" I just upgraded to a 22 foot Grady White and I had fish hawk, autopilot, downriggers, planer mast etc,. What I need is knowledge. This is my second summer on erie and Ontario and I know we should be doing better, when I see reports like your where you got 60, but we only caught 6! Please message me with price and availability for the next week or so. I have two others that will likely come along. I need help. Thanks, Garry.

Worth it...was a great time

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Heck even when you tell people exactly how to do it. Sometimes they just do what there gonna do. 

As of this year you could do a lot of things wrong and still catch em. Fishing is phenomenal from sturgeon point to west of Erie. 

• Like 1

Heck even when you tell people exactly how to do it. Sometimes they just do what there gonna do. 
As of this year you could do a lot of things wrong and still catch em. Fishing is phenomenal from sturgeon point to west of Erie. 

And has been red hot in Ashtabula & Conneaut. ..heck all over

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Fished with a friend yesterday from Sturgeon Point down toward Catt. Anywhere from 70 to 84 fow. Getting use to dipsy method. We picked up 10 keepers between 16 and 20 inches. Also 5 nice perch. Great day all in all. Wish I lived closer!

Thanks to forum members for tips and pointers!!

• Like 3

8:00AM to11:00AM, boxed out, 2 guys. Other boat, 3 guys boxed out same time. 79 to 86 foot of water, fish were everywhere off the Catt. Worm harnesses did well.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Thanks jimski we're going out this evening off the catt. We're even going to fish after dark for the first time ever.

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics