Walleye Walleye page 2017

Fished west of the Catt today, caught 23 in less than 4 hours. 82 fow, found a real nice class of 22" or 23" fish. No real big guys but only 2 of the 18 we kept were less than 18" and their swim bladders were out so we kept them. They were legal but only about 16 or 17 inches.   All sticks and spoons, put one harness out and after two hours of no hits I pulled it and put a spoon on.  Dipsies on 3 out 215' were good, riggers down 75 to 80 feet caught a bunch and dipsies on 1 out 165' were ok. I can't remember exactly what caught but here is pretty good guess.  
Copper and orange spoon on a dipsey out 215' on 3, very much like a chicken wing spoon was MVP for sure, probably got 7 or 8 fish on that and all were over 20".  
Crushed sea corral Bay Rat and a gold back purple and white NK28 on the two riggers probably caught the next most.  Fluttering them was working almost 75% of the time.  Riggers combined for maybe 10 fish total.  
Bay Rats in purple, fire tiger Bay Rat, and rainbow trout made up the rest. 
Another awesome day, I am quickly gravitating more and more toward spoons. I have been very lucky to get two or three man limits 5 or 6 times in the last month or so and a lot of those fish came on spoons. Good luck to those going tomorrow. 

Very nice report

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Fished barcelona..straight out and slightly east..kept 18..4 were over 7lbs...all on harnesses..most taken around 105 fow..riggers and dipseys..caught a bunch by popping harness off rigger..amazing how far they would follow before inhaling it..morning bite was good..slowed around 11 or so..found some active fish in 75 fow later afternoon before leaving...what a gorgeous day on Erie..doesn't get much prettier than that..got to take a charter caption from myrtle beach..his 1st time on Erie..I see a Mahi Mahi trip next may..guess they get some tanks

• Like 1

Fished west of the Catt today, caught 23 in less than 4 hours. 82 fow, found a real nice class of 22" or 23" fish. No real big guys but only 2 of the 18 we kept were less than 18" and their swim bladders were out so we kept them. They were legal but only about 16 or 17 inches.   All sticks and spoons, put one harness out and after two hours of no hits I pulled it and put a spoon on.  Dipsies on 3 out 215' were good, riggers down 75 to 80 feet caught a bunch and dipsies on 1 out 165' were ok. I can't remember exactly what caught but here is pretty good guess.  
Copper and orange spoon on a dipsey out 215' on 3, very much like a chicken wing spoon was MVP for sure, probably got 7 or 8 fish on that and all were over 20".  
Crushed sea corral Bay Rat and a gold back purple and white NK28 on the two riggers probably caught the next most.  Fluttering them was working almost 75% of the time.  Riggers combined for maybe 10 fish total.  
Bay Rats in purple, fire tiger Bay Rat, and rainbow trout made up the rest. 
Another awesome day, I am quickly gravitating more and more toward spoons. I have been very lucky to get two or three man limits 5 or 6 times in the last month or so and a lot of those fish came on spoons. Good luck to those going tomorrow. 

Hey totally hooked...you putting any meat on yer spoons? Or clean?

Fished a little west of the CAtt.  boated 22 and kept 12.  Most were in the 20"- 26" range with a few 16 - 18" with 10 throw backs.  Rainbow harnesses and rainbow renosky did most of the damage on dipseys with wire on a 2 setting 165 feet back and rigger at 75 and 80 feet.  It was a great day to be on the lake

• Like 1

Boxed out yesterday off of Catt, 85 fow had some throwbacks, dipseys on a 1 set at 165 and 3 set 195 and purple copper harnesses, picked up one on 8 color lc with purple bayrat, 2.0 speed. Fish ranged from 15-27" the heaviest was 7 lbs with the rest average size, screen was loaded, we couldnt keep em off and limited out in 3 hours. Awesome day on the lake!IMG_4648.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

Hi Headshaker, we're you using size 1 dipsys? What color are your dipsys? Thanks.
We caught our first Dipsy eyes yesterday west of sturgeon pt. 75 fow. Used size 1 painted black. 210 back on 3 setting. Purple with green dot harness blades. 2 mph SOG. Rookie on dipsys so interested in learning more. Thanks. Great pic of that nice eye! Ours were just 16 inchers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

We use the magnum #3 Dipseys in the black and green or black fire tiger, we caught equal numbers in both, that didnt seem to matter. The larger dipseys dive deeper with less line out and also with the large ring on they dive even more, again less line out is always nicer. The smaller eyes dont trip a magnum but they usually hook themselves, I really watch the curve in the rods to see if there is any change if it looks "off" compared to the other side of the boat it usually has a fish on it. Other times you will see them hit it and thats a no brainer. Keep your lines tight and good luck out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 3

Fished off catt today Sept 17, Sunday. Never saw so many fish. Only caught 6. Trolled from 77 to 80 fow. Tried spoons, stick baits and harnesses. Fished 7 am to 1200. I feel like we caught the tail end of the feeding, as didn't catch anything after 9. I wonder what kind of harness folks are using Willow leaf, or round blade? Any tips are appreciated, because with the thousands of Walleye we trolled through I think we should have done better. I must be missing something? I tried fish hawk speeds from 1.5 to 2.3. we even drifted for a while with crawlers and minnows.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I hear you garrymny. Was out this Monday and marked what seemed liked thousands. Same today but I ran a little different program and smoked them. Got our limit in 1.5hrs. Alewife spoons with meat on dipsy 200 hundred back did 90% of the work for us. Couldn't keep the dipsy's in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 3

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics