Walleye Walleye page 2017

We went off Dunkrik today Aug 30. Went out to 105 FOW. Only caught 2  walleyes about 17 inchers. Tons of bait balls on the screen, and seemed to be lots of fish too, but could not get them to take.  fish were from 20 feet to 80 feet down. Water temp 71 degrees the entire way to 100 FOW. No temp difference at all. Lots of boats out there today. We fished from 80 to 105 FOW. Could not break the secret code. No thermocline.

We went off Dunkrik today Aug 30. Went out to 105 FOW. Only caught 2  walleyes about 17 inchers. Tons of bait balls on the screen, and seemed to be lots of fish too, but could not get them to take.  fish were from 20 feet to 80 feet down. Water temp 71 degrees the entire way to 100 FOW. No temp difference at all. Lots of boats out there today. We fished from 80 to 105 FOW. Could not break the secret code. No thermocline.

GarryNY...did you keep any lures/baits in that 20 foot from surface depth? I know it may be hard to when all the reports are 50 to 80 ft down. But when bait is high in water column there usually seems to be some big fish up high after that bait

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

13 hours ago, Ten Percent said:

GarryNY...did you keep any lures/baits in that 20 foot from surface depth? I know it may be hard to when all the reports are 50 to 80 ft down. But when bait is high in water column there usually seems to be some big fish up high after that bait

yes we fished the entire water column. Had one rod with just a diving plug on it, probably went down 10 to 15 feet. Tried riggers at 30 feet, all the way to 90. Tried divers with 150 to 300  feet of line out.   kept speed at 1.4 to 1.7. I guess that may have been too slow?

On 9/2/2017 at 7:02 PM, Achilles said:

70-80 fow off the Catt was hot today. Bottom bounced Watermelon harnesses and spoons off the dipseys got us a limit in about 2 hours. Biggest was 26". One dink and no sheephead. IMG_0586.JPGIMG_0586.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

what is a good spoon for walleyes? Can I use my salmon spoons? Thanks.

2 hours ago, Youngblood said:

Fished off the Catt. 9/5 short solo trip 1-4. Fished from 80-90ft. Only managed 1 good Walleye about 4lbs. Was pulling harnesses caught about 8 Perch.Every time I checked my riggers I was pulling a Perch or a whitey or my bait was gone.Tried sticks for awhile to no prevail.

Not good to hear. We are (were) going to try the lake off the Catt creek on Sunday.

Not good to hear. We are (were) going to try the lake off the Catt creek on Sunday.

Not sure how far you want to drive I went out of barcelona on Saturday boated 30 walleye in 90 to 95 ft range kept a 2 man limit had some nice fish .Purple harnesses on the riggers and stick baits on 10 colors and dipsys

2 hours ago, Just my luck said:

Not sure how far you want to drive I went out of barcelona on Saturday boated 30 walleye in 90 to 95 ft range kept a 2 man limit had some nice fish .Purple harnesses on the riggers and stick baits on 10 colors and dipsys

thanks for the tip. I will check with my buddy and see if he's game.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:36 PM, Just my luck said:

How many are you guys boating to catch a 2 man limit?I boated 19 today out of barcelona and only kept 8 all over 18 inches threw back some could of been keepers just don't like keeping them little guys.

Your about rite.  half of the fish we've been catching are over 18", that's my personal low size limit. Not enough meat on a 15" fish for me.

to get 12 keepers we have to catch between 20 and 26 fish.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics