Walleye Walleye page 2017

1 hour ago, mostlymuskies said:

Great Escape,I have heard a couple other reports about the 45 ft trench by Brockton Shoals bottom bouncing harnesses slow at 1.2 mph has been catching some 6 to 8 lbers!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Oh Lordy the tournament guys pre fishing in there for this weekend just lost there lunch!  Lol.  

Innovative outdoors guess they have over 40 boats. It's a well run tourney big pay out. Out of Dunkirk. It will be neat to see if anyone can target big fish. 

We get one 6lber plus per 20 eyes. So that means we need to catch a 120 in 8 hrs to win. On saturday we kept 27 eyes two 7 plus and a 5lber. Big fish are right mixed in with little ones. Strange going out there and focusing on how not to catch small eyes. They are everywhere which is wonderful. 

We tournament fish and prior to sunset shootout I had big fish located bouncing bottom in 60 ft off vanburen.  Gave them 3hrs and had one decent fish.  Boat traffic can kill that bite in a hurry.  

• Like 1

Got out of Dunkirk yesterday afternoon..fished 80-94' straight off the stacks..got my 6, most on wormburners, 1 on a deep Reef on LC, 1 on Renosky off dipsy.... Mag dipsy  1- 115 back,  #1 Dipsy 3 - 210 back.  Size was 16 - 21"  Only 3 throwbacks.

Edited by Cheezman
  • Like 1

Innovative outdoors guess they have over 40 boats. It's a well run tourney big pay out. Out of Dunkirk. It will be neat to see if anyone can target big fish. 
We get one 6lber plus per 20 eyes. So that means we need to catch a 120 in 8 hrs to win. On saturday we kept 27 eyes two 7 plus and a 5lber. Big fish are right mixed in with little ones. Strange going out there and focusing on how not to catch small eyes. They are everywhere which is wonderful. 
We tournament fish and prior to sunset shootout I had big fish located bouncing bottom in 60 ft off vanburen.  Gave them 3hrs and had one decent fish.  Boat traffic can kill that bite in a hurry.  

I'll see you at the tourney Friday and Saturday Ron. Coming down to your neck of the woods with Carl to try and win some money this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App
  • Like 1

Went out of Barcelona yesterday...80-95' ....got our limits for 4 guys, with only 3 throwbacks and NO JUNK !!!

Grape Jelly wormburners ruled the day (purple w/pink dots over copper), also caught some on a pink Lindy Lil' Guy off downrigger 70' down.

#1 size dipsy 2 - 200' back

Mag size dipsy, 1 - 140' back,  3 - 165' back

• Like 3

Fished out of Dunkirk yesterday kept 10 eyes (16-24")  had 4-5 throw backs.  Then fished for lakers caught 14 & 1 steelie in 1.5 hrs, had a hard time keeping 2 lines in the water the longest wait between hits was maybe 10 mins. We had a fun day! 

Fished out of Dunkirk yesterday kept 10 eyes (16-24")  had 4-5 throw backs.  Then fished for lakers caught 14 & 1 steelie in 1.5 hrs, had a hard time keeping 2 lines in the water the longest wait between hits was maybe 10 mins. We had a fun day! 

Lineman,
What was your program for the lakers?

We fished the Innovative Outdoors Tourney this weekend. Pre fished Thursday, fished the big fish Friday event, and the main event yesterday. With over 150 walleye boated in three days, we had a blast. Some big lakers and nice steelhead mixed in as well. Unfortunately, we never did find the size of fish we were looking for. And we threw everything at them. Our best producer was spoons on our riggers. 10 color with Bomber Long A's and Divers took fish with a mix of spoons and sticks. We caught over 50 yesterday but only 5 over 20" which is the minimum length for the tournament. I had fun in Dunkirk for the weekend but after reeling in that many eyes, I'm glad to back on Lake Ontario this week chasing kings.
IMG_1503839543.934973.jpg
IMG_1503839562.008158.jpgIMG_1503839572.346592.jpg

• Like 4

Crazy to go out and catch that many and still feel disappointed. Unreal fishing. We might of done a dozen steel head and 18 lakers and so many Walleye it's crazy. Fishing is no less the phenomenal. Freaking big ones are tough. 

Whats nice is all the neighbors and friends have Walleye for the winter. 

• Like 2

Crazy to go out and catch that many and still feel disappointed. Unreal fishing. We might of done a dozen steel head and 18 lakers and so many Walleye it's crazy. Fishing is no less the phenomenal. Freaking big ones are tough. 
Whats nice is all the neighbors and friends have Walleye for the winter. 

We shouldn't be disappointed for the next few years. Lake Erie will be full a decent eyes. Can't wait!

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Yes completely correct but we had 43 lbs plus on Friday and 40 on Thursday. Too not be able to get the same bites on tourney day is tough. It happens. What's disappointing is having the bites and not landing them. On Saturday we had our bites and lost em for no good reason. 

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics