Walleye Walleye page 2017

[attachment=1052:shopping%20(3).jpg
Bottom bouncing in 90 ft water straight off the stacks at Dunkirk.Old Flat fish at 1.5 mph,limits in short time!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Hey Larry..how much weight were you using to bottom bounce in 90fow? We're they actually on bottom? And did you switch up to that setup because of short bites? Thanks in advance for your reply

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I was out yesterday after swapping out all the heart in my boat once again when I saw the wind and wave forecast for Dunkirk. Glad I made the trip. 9 keepers, 8 throwbacks with a few of the throwbacks that we could have kept. Riggers parked at 70 with the rainbow renoski and wire dipsey at 210 setting 1 1/2 with an alewife michigan stinger, also a mono dipsey with the same stinger as Monday at anywhere from 140 to 180 set at 1. The mono dipsey had only one throwback this time but the wire landed our first 30" eye. We fished from 105 out to 112 with the best depth at 105.  Should have been in 80 though. A guy and his wife that we talked to at the dock had their limit and a lot of catch and release in there slow trolling worm harnesses.

Great drive home until we got stuck on the thruway for an extra half hour for a hazmat clean up of a truck chemical spill halfway between Buff and Roch. what a PIA.

I was out yesterday after swapping out all the heart in my boat once again when I saw the wind and wave forecast for Dunkirk. Glad I made the trip. 9 keepers, 8 throwbacks with a few of the throwbacks that we could have kept. Riggers parked at 70 with the rainbow renoski and wire dipsey at 210 setting 1 1/2 with an alewife michigan stinger, also a mono dipsey with the same stinger as Monday at anywhere from 140 to 180 set at 1. The mono dipsey had only one throwback this time but the wire landed our first 30" eye. We fished from 105 out to 112 with the best depth at 105.  Should have been in 80 though. A guy and his wife that we talked to at the dock had their limit and a lot of catch and release in there slow trolling worm harnesses.
Great drive home until we got stuck on the thruway for an extra half hour for a hazmat clean up of a truck chemical spill halfway between Buff and Roch. what a PIA.

Pequod...thanks for the report..certainly has been plenty of decent reports and enough to have me pumped to go..been a while since last trip..I will post a report after Sunday's outing

I never really targeted perch in the fall. what's the most productive way to catch them?
My wife loves to catch perch. any information would be appreciated.

Emerald shiners, run a sinker, then a hook 6in to 1ft above and a second hook a foot above that. Send it to the bottom over a good screen and your off to the races.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App
  • Like 2

Thanks I'll try that for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Seems like Fall provides many favorable techniques to catch perch..they are more aggressive as they are putting on the feedbag...almost all live bait options work, many plastics are hot as well as trolling techniques w small crankbaits etc

• Like 1

I stopped yesterday at 68' in one of my go to spots off Dunkirk for a minute to scout for perch. Screen had lots of bait and lots of hooks. I am sure most of those hooks were sheapies but there were some bottom huggers there that might have been perch. Last two years in a row on the last day of August I had descent catches of 30-35 perch on those dates. The bite there got worse though both years as Sept rolled in.  We are all hoping that the perch of only a few short years ago return.  There seems to be no shortage of them in the western basin.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Pequod1 said:

I stopped yesterday at 68' in one of my go to spots off Dunkirk for a minute to scout for perch. Screen had lots of bait and lots of hooks. I am sure most of those hooks were sheapies but there were some bottom huggers there that might have been perch. Last two years in a row on the last day of August I had descent catches of 30-35 perch on those dates. The bite there got worse though both years as Sept rolled in.  We are all hoping that the perch of only a few short years ago return.  There seems to be no shortage of them in the western basin.

X2

Ran solo my pals were out there to 2 man crew bothered finished limits by one. 105 ft lots of spoon bites. No bait.

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Yep 100 ft of water was good didn't matter on the color spoons and harnesses0819171626.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics