Walleye Walleye page 2017

If it helps, I have been doing well on rainbow and a watermelon colored renoskis on the riggers. I usually start about 50' off the ball and decrease it during the day to around 25'.  Sometimes they like it long and other times, when they are actively feeding, they like it short. Last time out, was the first time and not the last time I tried a spoon. Michigan stinger alewife pattern about 4" long was the hot one. 1.9-2.0 mph is my normal trolling speed.

Yep that helps. Thanks pal

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

Dunkirk this morning, fished 7;30_2;00   110fow  out of harbor trolled west. stick bait bite, purple Renosky was the hot lure today.  took 11 home 6 short, lost 2 and 1 steelhead that made a mess out of my lines. some very fat healthy fish out there. 250 copper and 8 and 9 color leadcore

• Like 1

It certainly was a banner day out of Dunkirk.  Thanks for all the reports that steered us in the right direction.  We caught 18 eyes before noon today keeping our two man limit. 110' straight out in front of the stacks , 70-75 on the riggers.  Wire dipsey set at 1 1/2 out 210 and mono dipseyl l set on 1 out 160 . I used rainbow renoskis on  everything except the mono dipsey.  I had an alewife pattern michigan stinger on that one. That stinger works great on Cayuga lake landlocks so I gave it a try. Seems that Erie eyes love it too.

Hey Pequod..how bout a pic of that Michael stinger/a lewie spoon

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

Nice steelhead! Years ago I made my first ever  walleye trip to Dunkirk hearing it was so good. That day there was a temperature flip and the only thing I caught was a steely. Said I would never go there again! Man, was I wrong.  

Ten Percent. I tried looking up the michigan stinger spoon. Cant seem to find any pictures of it on line but the closest one looks to be a green glow alewife standard size. It might be a U.V. pattern.  Unfortunately, I bought it at Gander Mountain. There are plenty of other patterns out there that look good. The purple tuxedo style caught my eye. Might try that one.

• Like 1

Nice steelhead! Years ago I made my first ever  walleye trip to Dunkirk hearing it was so good. That day there was a temperature flip and the only thing I caught was a steely. Said I would never go there again! Man, was I wrong.  
Ten Percent. I tried looking up the michigan stinger spoon. Cant seem to find any pictures of it on line but the closest one looks to be a green glow alewife standard size. It might be a U.V. pattern.  Unfortunately, I bought it at Gander Mountain. There are plenty of other patterns out there that look good. The purple tuxedo style caught my eye. Might try that one.

I was just curious to know what an alewife pattern looked like, as they are a popular baitfish

Fished out cat today kept 11 and 2 perch only 2 short 4 sheep head most on rigger harnesses and popping wave forecast way off got bumpy

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Wave forecast way off? It has been less than a foot all week just as forecasted. I have fished every day since Saturday, the 12th. And it's been the best weather all summer. And the fish were cooperating all week. Every day at least 30 fish days off the Catt. Yesterday we changed it up and went to dunkirk off vanburen out 130 to 145 fow and ran 2 riggers on the bottom with spoons and put 20 to 25 lake trout in the boat. Smallest was 12 lbs biggest was 22 lbs. There were a few sore arms after 5 hrs of doing that yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

MM...that had to be fun. Thinking outside box. Very cool

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I recently bought some flatfish to try on Erie...of course they aren't the original wooden guys, but would have the same action...they haven't been for a swim yet..have only made it over there a couple times...maybe this sunday...Old School!!! GOTTA LOVE IT

11 hours ago, Pequod1 said:

It's a laker. Still a nice fish. 

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics