Walleye Walleye page 2017

It certainly was a banner day out of Dunkirk.  Thanks for all the reports that steered us in the right direction.  We caught 18 eyes before noon today keeping our two man limit. 110' straight out in front of the stacks , 70-75 on the riggers.  Wire dipsey set at 1 1/2 out 210 and mono dipseyl l set on 1 out 160 . I used rainbow renoskis on  everything except the mono dipsey.  I had an alewife pattern michigan stinger on that one. That stinger works great on Cayuga lake landlocks so I gave it a try. Seems that Erie eyes love it too.

Edited by Pequod1

It certainly was a banner day out of Dunkirk.  Thanks for all the reports that steered us in the right direction.  We caught 18 eyes before noon today keeping our two man limit. 110' straight out in front of the stacks , 70-75 on the riggers.  Wire dipsey set at 1 1/2 out 210 and mono dipseyl l set on 1 out 160 . I used rainbow renoskis on  everything except the mono dipsey.  I had an alewife pattern michigan stinger on that one. That stinger works great on Cayuga lake landlocks so I gave it a try. Seems that Erie eyes love it too.

I have renoskys rats etc but don't have too much luck on sticks off riggers or dipseys. Doing something wrong speeds usually 1.8 or around that.

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I usually am doing 1.8 mph as well but did notice also that I got hits as I was turning so sped up a little.

Aquaman, what type of weight do you have and what is your length from the weight? I have been playing around with different leads from 7 ft. to 37 ft. Lately I have gotten best luck at around 20 ft or less. Also I have torpedo weights but last time out I had a ball with a fin on one DR and the torpedo on the other, same depths, same lure, same lead and the one with the torpedo got hits the other didn't. So last time out I had torpedo weights on both and got hits off both DRs.

I only run harnesses on the dipsey and have my best luck with that set up but have not had much luck with dipsey and plug.

Seamaster the other day I was 1.8 at the probe and 2.3-2.5 SOG (GPS) and 2.0 at probe and 2.5-2.7 SOG.

Edited by dukhnter8
add info

I usually am doing 1.8 mph as well but did notice also that I got hits as I was turning so sped up a little.
Aquaman, what type of weight do you have and what is your length from the weight? I have been playing around with different leads from 7 ft. to 37 ft. Lately I have gotten best luck at around 20 ft or less. Also I have torpedo weights but last time out I had a ball with a fin on one DR and the torpedo on the other, same depths, same lure, same lead and the one with the torpedo got hits the other didn't. So last time out I had torpedo weights on both and got hits off both DRs.
I only run harnesses on the dipsey and have my best luck with that set up but have not had much luck with dipsey and plug.

Seamaster the other day I was 1.8 at the probe and 2.3-2.5 SOG (GPS) and 2.0 at probe and 2.5-2.7 SOG.

I run 8lb round and have been shortening my leads too. 10 to 60 ft our speed is generally 1.8 surface but should try faster as temps go up. Maybe limit the sticks to riggers. I do not run lead. Thanks for the interest

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seamaster said:

Is that what you typically run your speed at The probe or do you vary and do you usually stay with one program of all sticks or all harnesses or do you mix and match

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

I usually run 1.8 to 2.0 most of the time.  I wasn't getting any hits yesterday at that speed so I sped up to 2.4 to 2.5 and started picking up fish so I left it there.  Today I was trolling at 2.2 to 2.3 and picked up a few.  I mix harnesses and sticks and pick up fish on both at the same time,  most people run one or the other. 

I have a depth raider, chatterstick in blue has been my best lure. I do also mix and match harnesses and sticks and have gotten fish on both at the same time. Last time out I had a triple to get my limit, one on blue chatterstick on down rigger, one in a harness on downrigger, and a harness on the dipsey.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dukhnter8 said:

I have a depth raider, chatterstick in blue has been my best lure. I do also mix and match harnesses and sticks and have gotten fish on both at the same time. Last time out I had a triple to get my limit, one on blue chatterstick on down rigger, one in a harness on downrigger, and a harness on the dipsey.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Do you run the smaller chatter stick(3") or the Normal size renosky (5") ??

If it helps, I have been doing well on rainbow and a watermelon colored renoskis on the riggers. I usually start about 50' off the ball and decrease it during the day to around 25'.  Sometimes they like it long and other times, when they are actively feeding, they like it short. Last time out, was the first time and not the last time I tried a spoon. Michigan stinger alewife pattern about 4" long was the hot one. 1.9-2.0 mph is my normal trolling speed.

Edited by Pequod1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics