Walleye Walleye page 2017

On 8/2/2017 at 4:39 PM, waverammer said:

I use the same spread works great

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Does running 2 different sizes prevent the inevitable tangles when running 2 per side ??

I run all #1's (inside set on #1, outside set on #3), but still get tangles sometimes, whether it's an unintentional tight turn or a strong current.

We run our back rods on 11/2 and front rods on 31/2.Run the front rods back about 50-60ft further than the back ones and watch your turns and you will have very few tangles.

X2

We always keep the 3.5 setting or front rod a minimum of 20 feet further back than the 1.5 back rod. Make sure to let the front rod click out slowly so it stays outside the back rod.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 3

When I run 2 divers per side I let them out at same time and creep them out with the drag slowly.  If I see my spread being effected by current, I'll stick to one diver/side.  Tangles mean lost time and gear.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cheezman said:

Does running 2 different sizes prevent the inevitable tangles when running 2 per side ??

I run all #1's (inside set on #1, outside set on #3), but still get tangles sometimes, whether it's an unintentional tight turn or a strong current.

I can run my #1's on a 3 setting and my heaver #3 magnums on a number 1 setting at the same depth. I never get them twisted. the reason I use magnums on the inside is they pull harder so I get down to the same depth with less line out.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Fishnut said:

I can run my #1's on a 3 setting and my heaver #3 magnums on a number 1 setting at the same depth. I never get them twisted. the reason I use magnums on the inside is they pull harder so I get down to the same depth with less line out.

Can you set a #1 with a #3 Magnum already deployed?

Can you set a #3 Magnum with a #1 already deployed?

• Like 1

Using different length rods helps also say a 9' 6" on the outside and a 8' inside. Let the outside out with a 31/2 setting first using the clicker. Set the inside shorter rod out next with a 11/2 setting always use the the clicker when letting out. If a fish hits on the outside it will come up and away from the inside dipsy. When resetting move the inside dipsy to a center rod holder. Let the outside dipsy out slowly. Works for me 

• Like 2

We got a 2 man limit out of Dunkirk for the 3rd time in 10 days. Were typically boating 20+ get 12 keeprs. We've caught a couple big ones too. Today a 29.5". Couple days ago a 31.0+ . We're fishing anywhere from 2 mile west of Van Burean to right in front of stacks. Best rods have been 10 collor' Wire divers out 110-115 at 1. 5. Power pro divers out 160 to 180 on a 3 setting.Running almost all Renowski rainbow    trout by far the best.

• Like 2

Today, two boats, four walleye,all good eaters. Worm harnesses on the rigger and bottom bouncer. Fish were ten foot deep on the bottom but frozen salted emeralds did nothing for 15 minutes so I went to stickbaits and harnesses. Other boat picked up a large perch. Plenty of fish in 68 to 70 foot of water off Evangola to the Cattaraugus Creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics