Walleye Walleye page 2017

We went out of Dunkirk yesterday..started in 65-70fow a few miles east..1 short 'eye...moved NW to 80-95fow...scrounged 6 small keepers and 8 throwbacks...we threw everything at them to no avail. #3 setting 160 back on dipsy was most productive. We did not mark a lot of fish...our friends went W down to the shoals and only managed a couple shorts, 1 keeper...they moved out deeper to the N off shoals and were not marking hardly any fish....SLOW DAY all around!!

Anybody got a line on where they went???

• Like 1

Last summer while fishing out of SP we had a young DEC employee requesting to take measurements & scale samples from our catch..we agreed and while doing so, I asked if he had any knowledge of the ongoing walleye movement tracking study...he laughed and said he was very involved with it. Of course I asked if he could share any details..he laughed again and said "well...we had 1 walleye that traveled from near Buffalo across the whole lake to the western basin in 24 hours"...fish confirmed to be live.... Wow!!! I thought that really highlights some of our fishing experiences....here today gone tomorow!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

great info guys keep it up. that's what this site is all about.
I fish central basin and these guys won't tell you anything. and if they do it's a lie.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

Question: what size and color Dipsy Diver would you guys recommend that I buy. I am getting a couple trolling rods & rod holders for my boat and would like to try dipsy divers. (Up to this point I have simply been drifting with bottom bouncers / harnesses on spinning rods.) Thanks.

Fished the Catt. all day yesterday on a friends boat. Went to my numbers where we did well 2 days ago. Only got 2 good eyes. Tried everything 60_85FOW. Fish, and bait were scattered all over. No big schools. It's been a strange year. Between the weather, and the unpredictable bite it has been hit, and miss.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

I have caught 3 lip tagged fish over the years  2 from Ohio & 1 from Michigan & received the info. on all 3 all interesting.     We fished Ontario yesterday & got 5 of 8 steelies & coho.  They sure fight better than a walleye.    If a walleye fought like one of those we would have the perfect eating & fighting fish!

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics