Walleye Walleye page 2017

18 minutes ago, Cheezman said:

Any one fish Dunkirk yesterday?? Reports??

Going out of there Tuesday AM...anyone who wants to work together, let me know.

Thanks.

let them know you are not happy with all the goose crap at the launch & on the docks.  I just sent an e-mail to the mayor & the city council about it. They charge to launch & to clean the fish the least they can do is clean off the goose crap! If everyone b***hes about it maybe they will clean it off.  jmo

• Like 4

I went out yesterday. Ended up with 5 keepers and some smalls. Most of the boats were right in front of harbor around 75' - 85'. We stayed out a little deeper just to avoid all the traffic. I can tell you the bugs are horrible!!! So dress accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

My wife and Fished yesterday out of Northeast started at the NY border in 60 fow trolled north west out to 97 FOW caught 26 walleye kept 12 the smallest was 18" was fishing 40 down on everything riggers, Dipsy, lead core. Most fish came on crawler harness then sticks. Only 2 on spoons. The bigger fish came off the harness.
We fished today from 6/11 and boated 11 kept 5 all on harness 45 to 50 feet down, all on harnesses.
We caught a tagged walleye and I was wondering if anyone has any information on the tag. It reads as follows. NYS DEC N 60227 178 point Dr Dunkirk 14048.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United

6 minutes ago, Fishnut said:

My wife and Fished yesterday out of Northeast started at the NY border in 60 fow trolled north west out to 97 FOW caught 26 walleye kept 12 the smallest was 18" was fishing 40 down on everything riggers, Dipsy, lead core. Most fish came on crawler harness then sticks. Only 2 on spoons. The bigger fish came off the harness.
We fished today from 6/11 and boated 11 kept 5 all on harness 45 to 50 feet down, all on harnesses.
We caught a tagged walleye and I was wondering if anyone has any information on the tag. It reads as follows. NYS DEC N 60227 178 point Dr Dunkirk 14048.

Call the NYDEC Dunkirk 716-366-0228....some of those tagged fish have a reward for them, so it's worth the phone call !!

Thanks for the report.

I believe that the DEC will reward you for catching tagged Walleye, I suggest you contact: [email protected] he can get you the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

9 hours ago, Fishnut said:

put the whole fish in the freezer they will give you $100 for the fish

jeff

Fished out of SP yesterday boating 15 walleye, and boxing 8. We fished 58 - 65 FOW. Nothing stood out as a big producer. We took fish on sticks, spoons, and harnesses, off the wire divers, riggers and 9 and 10 color lead core. Very defined thermocline down 60. Temps went from 72 F at 58 ft to 60F at 62..... and fish were sitting on top of the cold water. We marked some very large schools of perch and got 3 of them while trolling...... Few junk fish... 3 silver bass....... No sheepshead. We'll probably get 20 next time.

• Like 1

Caught an orange back tagged walleye this year and unless you call the number on the tag, or remove the transmitter from the fish you have no way of knowing NOT to freeze the fish whole. Luckily I did not freeze it, but if the transmitter gets frozen it ruins the data on the transmitter

Back in the late 80's we got a fish off Presque Isle state park in Erie Pa. that had a Michigan metal tag on it's lower jaw. It had been tagged as a 3 year old in Lake St. Clair, 3 years prior to catching it.

Last summer while fishing out of SP we had a young DEC employee requesting to take measurements & scale samples from our catch..we agreed and while doing so, I asked if he had any knowledge of the ongoing walleye movement tracking study...he laughed and said he was very involved with it. Of course I asked if he could share any details..he laughed again and said "well...we had 1 walleye that traveled from near Buffalo across the whole lake to the western basin in 24 hours"...fish confirmed to be live.... Wow!!! I thought that really highlights some of our fishing experiences....here today gone tomorow!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics