Walleye Walleye page 2017

We fished from about 6:30 until 1PM out of SP. 68 - 74 fow...... 1 nice  7 lb fish, and one at about 16 " and we lost another big fish at the back of the boat,..... we also got 10 or 11 14/15" fish that were released. We trolled harnesses, spoons, sticks, and took fish on all..... divers, LC, riggers all took fish.... lots of sheepshead too. Very nice day to fish..... light wind, and not smoking hot. Lots of fish, just couldn't get the quality......for the most part, fish were within 5' of the bottom.......

Nice report...wish I was on Erie today..work E work..busy bee..next weekend though..Larry..you better have em lined up..Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Fished Sturgeon Point Sun 6:30am-12:00pm. Very few boats, probably because of the east winds.  Headed West 65-80ft.  (4) 2-4lb, (2) 4-6lb, (2) throwbacks. 8 color picked up (4), 4,5&6 color also took fish. Downriggers near bottom & 10 color got squat. Black/Purple, Black/Pink harnesses were best. Not one garbage fish.  Found a planer board floating which is now waiting to be picked up by the person who wisely wrote his name on it.

Went out of Dunkirk Saturday morning. Kept 8, couple of 7 lbers. Then a mix down to 15 inchers that were thrown back. Got a 15 lb laker also a few silvers and sheepshead, heading out we were marking fish all over mostly near the bottom but some were suspended. Best action was 70-75 fow, 65 down. Blue chatterstick was hot bait, also pink and black harness was also good. Laker was on dipsey 200 ft, 1.5 setting with harness. Temps at probe were 69-72. Best action was 71 degrees.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 3

I'm thinking it was pretty close to 70 ft we were in 71 fow so guessing that since we got the laker it was close to the bottom. I have the chart in my boat. I can check for sure when I get home. Were went getting any action on it so I was shortening and lengthing the line out to see if I could get something going on it as well as changing the harness.

At one point I had a 6 rod set out and we had all but one in from getting fish.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lineman49 said:

My brother got 13 keepers with 6-7 short throw backs yesterday out of Dunkirk 80 fow all colors worked sticks & harnesses.

That's the second time today I've heard about 80 FOW out of Dunkirk being hot... I'll check it out later in the week ! Thanks for the info ...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics