Walleye Walleye page 2017

Interesting fish, second pic of the tail looks completely different. Has some salmon and some trout characteristics.  

Spend enough time on the water and you see some unusual stuff. Here are 2 pics of a 28" eye I caught in 2015. The color in these pics is spot on with the actual color of the fish (I still have the skin) Only one I have ever seen like this.

P1000447.JPG

P1000448.jpg

Brown trout.  DEC does stock browns in Barcelona as I've been there when they were stocking in the spring.  I've caught a few over the years and best one was over 16lbs.  When you get one you know it's not a walleye.  The browns will hit worms too.

• Like 1

5:30 am start in 63 ft water off Sturgeon Point. Back bottom bouncing copper & orange hatchet blades at
.80 mph.10 walleye & 4 Sheepshead,quit at 10:00 am,family picnic at 1 pm.
SBH launch flow was with out incident both launching & retrieving, seems for guys are getting use to launch procedure,or least the fishermen are more organized.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Hi Mostlymuskies, were you trolling with the bottom bouncers or drifting? Just wondering if it was a steady .8 mph or if you varied around that speed drifting (I am currently setup only for drifting). Nice job and thanks for the reports.

The bite was very good from 5:30 am to about 9 am when the light winds switched from a South direction to East South East never caught another fish from 9 am till 10 am.I also camped on the little school,every time trolling through at end of marks picked up and ran back to start through again.This year you have to work schools,stay on fish to get any sizeable catch.

• Like 1

Yesterday I just drifted with the wind,today I set electric trolling motor at .8 mph GPS over bottom and went with the waves.4 eyes were in 6 to 7 lb class,4 eyes 3 to 4 lb class and 2 were 16 inches.

Thanks for the report. East wind report made my decision to fish later in the week.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Also to bottom bounce in 63 ft water using 3 ounce bottom bouncing wire rig with 3 ounce Gibbs weight attached above molded snicker on the wire rig.I use two of these setups on the inside and two 5 color leadcore with wire backing,put out all 5 colors and 60 ft of wire backing,I adjust from there more or less unroll I touch bottom,then just a couple cranks up.So only using four rods,easy to start big motor and make bigger turn back to the starting position on the walleye school,then shut off big motor and go through under electric motor again.
21 passes 10 walleye.

• Like 1

We fished from about 6:30 until 1PM out of SP. 68 - 74 fow...... 1 nice  7 lb fish, and one at about 16 " and we lost another big fish at the back of the boat,..... we also got 10 or 11 14/15" fish that were released. We trolled harnesses, spoons, sticks, and took fish on all..... divers, LC, riggers all took fish.... lots of sheepshead too. Very nice day to fish..... light wind, and not smoking hot. Lots of fish, just couldn't get the quality......for the most part, fish were within 5' of the bottom.......

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics