Walleye Walleye page 2017

Slow drifting works with a worm on a lure called the "Flatfish". This was a top deal fifty years ago. Everyone had them.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

I have some of the old wooden ones and heard the stories..I recently bought a couple of the kwikfish (plastic version w only 2 hooks). .haven't pulled them yet, but want give them a chance

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Good tips on "fishing slow". My nephew uses them on a small lake up north and does very well. Have to give it a try.
Peas... what does a "slow death" rig involve?
Thanks. 

I run mine on a 38 to 45" mono leader...theres specific slow and super death hooks out...i run the single hook...4 or 5 beads...then a smile or ive had some success with small colorado blades to this year...i thread a full crawler on the hook and dont cut it...i leave it whole...and ill whip it to 1.6ish...but anything faster will push the crawler down the shaft of the hook...i just started trying them few years back with decent results...but expect some short hits

Sent from my SM-G930P using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Fished Barcelona yesterday afternoon, and this morning. Tons of smalls all over. Went out deep 95_120 FOW in an attempt to avoid them. Ended up with 9 decent eyes, and a 8# king. A fun fight that was. Enjoyed some rare calm Erie weather. Other than driving through a tornado on the way home, a very good trip.KIMG0006.jpgKIMG0004.jpg

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 4

We just got back from Dunkirk. I'll confirm the storms in Buffalo on the ride home. Not fun.  The fish and bait that was in Dunkirk two days ago headed to who knows where.  We did box 5 but only one of them was a descent size.  Looked at water from 70-90 and had a blank screen most of the time.

Not the greatest pic but that tail looks nothing like a king- not belittling your catch but I say the DEC is wrong. Big spots on a king are along the back and above the lateral line - maybe I'm wrong but I don't see it. Regardless you gotta like those weird catches when they happen

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

Alright let's put this to rest. Thought it was a brown at first, because of the spots, but as you could see the mouth is black, and it has a slight fork in the tail which you couldn't see in the first pic. When the DEC (young girl, probably an intern) said it was a king I said ok its a king. Well the truth was in the meat. It was orange. I'm calling it a brown. Memorable none the less. I guess I need to get out for cold water species more often.KIMG0011.jpgKIMG0012.jpg

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics