Walleye Walleye page 2017

Put 15 in the box..lost 4 (1 was a slob)..only 5 or 6 shorts..some lite bites..80% on worm burners by popping them off the riggers..almost the only way they'd eat em..nice walleye chop today..west of Dunkirk

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Can't wait to get out there again..marinated grilled eyes for dinner tonight20170716_164600.jpg

• Like 3

Some fresh lime juice, fresh ground black pepper, a little of this spice I have that a buddy blends up...then some roasted red pepper Italian salad dressing. .marinate for a couple hrs..in the fish grate/flipper & onto the grill (high heat). Flip a few times and baste w the leftover marinade. When they flake and get a little brown /black, they are done..truly gourmet

• Like 1

Out of Barcelona this evening. Started in 90 FOW trolled back in to 70 feet. Best was 75. Fished from 1700-2030 caught at least ten or 12 total. Four keepers. The four nice ones came on a rigger down 50, two on displays setting 1 back 190-220, and a 40 jet diver. nothing on 8 color lead core -has gone cold for me.

Glad to hear you guys are finally gettng them. I've only been out couple times cause of problems at work. How many FOW has been good. Were gonna get out 

We finally got some walleye satisfaction today!! Been one of the most frustrating years I can remember. Seems like every chance I've had to get out weather man has said NO your not going today. Or problems at work get in the way. Today we headed to Dunkirk after reading some positive reports on this site. Go west young man and so we did. We could see the boats lined up in about 80fow west of gulf ball water tower. So we motored to the end of the line and set em up. Nice marks down 60 to 70 over 80fow. Anyhow, 10 color was hot rod with a renowski rainbow trout.. Purple/pink/glow renowslki good too. Got a couple of riggers set 10 ft from bottom. Couple from divers at 1.5 out 140. Ended up with 17 in boat, 5 were shorts,12 nice ones in the box. A bit bumby out there today but overall a great day!!  Thankyou Lake Erie we needed this day!

monday

How about a little round of applause for all of you guys who consistently & graciously share information (tips, techniques, general locations etc). I believe it to be very helpful, especially for guys like me who aren't able to get over to Erie as much as we would like. It provides for a great starting point with confidence. All successful fisherman understand the importance of confidence..thanks again..can't wait till the next trip!!

• Like 7

Fished on a friends boat who wanted to pre fish next weekends tournament he is in out of the Catt. Worked 60-76' East and West. Kept 5. 2 on riggers with meat 35' leads. Chartreuse/Colorado blade and green willow blade - 50' and on bottom. 2 on 5 color- 1 on 8. Chartreuse bomber took 2. Nice fish.IMG_0482.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics