Walleye Walleye page 2017

That's an in treating technique.  What type of release do you use that doesn't crimp the lead core or do you just use a two color lead core rod?  Also, how much will it drop below the ball?

We were at Dunkirk yesterday and got 7. all but one came on 7-8 color over 78' on a crystallina/watermellon colored renosky. 

• Like 1

That's an in treating technique.  What type of release do you use that doesn't crimp the lead core or do you just use a two color lead core rod?  Also, how much will it drop below the ball?
We were at Dunkirk yesterday and got 7. all but one came on 7-8 color over 78' on a crystallina/watermellon colored renosky. 

Use a 2 color rod-never clip release onto core. I figure the bait runs 6-8' below the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

On Monday, July 03, 2017 at 9:25 PM, Lipripr said:

2color off rigger?   

On Tuesday, July 04, 2017 at 6:14 AM, Pequod1 said:

2 color rod with braid backing. Puts the bait 70 feet back and about 10 feet below the  ball. I use the blacks releases set super light.

Barcelona bite was on fire Monday afternoon. Caught at least 50 eyes. East of harbor in 70FOW. Everything was working, but green harnesses on the dipsys worked the best. A lot of smalls, but we kept a good limit, and got 6 more tuesday morning before the NE wind came. Thought I was fishing in the early 90s again.1499261162899.jpg

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

Kingslammin, how deep were the dipsies and downriggers set? When I was out we had a 4, 5 and 7 color lead core out and never got a hit on them, I was changing colors of harnesses. The downrigger was right off the bottom as well as the one dipsy I had out. So I set the other DR to similar depth and got a hit. I was going to set up another dipsy but we had stuff going on in the afternoon and had to leave.

Kingslammin, how deep were the dipsies and downriggers set? When I was out we had a 4, 5 and 7 color lead core out and never got a hit on them, I was changing colors of harnesses. The downrigger was right off the bottom as well as the one dipsy I had out. So I set the other DR to similar depth and got a hit. I was going to set up another dipsy but we had stuff going on in the afternoon and had to leave.

Downriggers were 1-2' off bottom with short leads and dipsies were close too as I would tick bottom on inside turns.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics