Walleye Walleye page 2017

Maybe your right? Year after year I struggle in the spring. Maybe I should fish Ontario till July?? How does the clear sky effect the fishing? I marked some fish throughout the day, top and bottom, not one bite.... ran stick and worm harnesses. 2 boards in the top 10-20'. (1) 3 color lead and 1 torpedo running 10' off the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Fished Sat 5-9pm.  25-40ft by Windmills. 7 rods with Worm Harness/Stickbait mix. We were marking fish, almost all hugging bottom. 1 nice smallmouth, 1 baby walleye, 1 white bass. Dragged in a nice 20" walleye at 9pm when calling it quits. Keeper walleye was on a rainbow colored harness. Very few boats fishing.

The low humidity and lack of clouds allow UV rays from the sun to
Penetrate the water deeper and the fish seem to go deeper where the cold water shuts down their metabolism and their desire to feed. At least that is my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

The Pike and Cat were about 10 lbs. Bass about 3.5 .I didn't get a picture of the Pike. He engulfed my Renosky and broke the rear hook right off the lure. Pure junk lures.I operated on him and tried to get him back in the water as fast as possible.0607171405.thumb.jpg.a0ac41d8d96f6ea0e83167cfa90d482f.jpg

Last year while fishing off the Windmills in 25-30, we got one sheepshead that had 3 leaches attached to the gills...... anybody ever seen that? I figured he must have been in a creek or estuary area and picked them up. But they were pretty nasty looking on the poor bugger....... cottonwood was brutal that day, and it triggered the recall.....

I tried outa dunkirk this morning 9-noon, not ideal time but that's all I had couldn't pass up the nice weather. Same story as everyone else not much to report other than 2-3-4 color in 15-40' did not produce for me. The water temp was 59, I left the temp probe at home so can't report the down temp. I ran renowski lures.With the cold nights I am tempted to try evening/ night fishing the shoal as we did in early may. But that will probably be outa the question if it's going to be 80 this week. A7E84E4A-878F-48B7-AA07-EC41F4B1DEA4.JPG
This is a screen shot of my screen June 15th 2016. Not far off from temps, I guess it's all right on schedule?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Fished yesterday morning, from Sturgeon Point to Wendt Beach area. Fifty foot to thirty foot depths. The screen showed only a dozen large hooks after three hours. Bluebird sky, east wind, crystal clear water. All bad deals. Boat ran good though. Water temperatures were around 60 degrees. Any perch on the screen were between 40 and 48 foot on the shale and holding tight to the bottom. One boat reported eight perch taken off Fox Point.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics