Walleye Walleye page 2017

Short cores and stick baits. Two and three color segmented lead cores. We started doing this brown trout fishing four or five years ago. I started marking fish once we swung out deeper down in the bottom off the reef edges.  Slowed it down and started catching Walleye.  We will be out maybe tomorrow but several times this week. I'll share my info. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RD9 said:

Short cores and stick baits. Two and three color segmented lead cores. We started doing this brown trout fishing four or five years ago. I started marking fish once we swung out deeper down in the bottom off the reef edges.  Slowed it down and started catching Walleye.  We will be out maybe tomorrow but several times this week. I'll share my info. 

RD9 do you run those short cores even in 8-15FOW?

1 hour ago, yellowpike said:

Your knowledge will be very appreciatived thank your this will,be my first year running leadcore. Was thinking of setting up two five color and two three color. Thaks John

Sent from my VS986 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Any time. My suggestion would be to buy a 1000 yd spool of stealth core and look for 47h Diawia reels online used. We run leadcores all year long of all lengths. For the next month mostly 2 and 3 colors. We find that our fishing the next month will be done in the top 30 ft. Try going to where everyone fishes at night and run your cores in 25 to 35 ft sometimes slightly closer sometimes out a little further. I'll take a picture of a drawing of my spread. Usually eight rods. It will help. Just be careful on turns you can loose a lot of gear fishing like this. My name is Ron and I fish mostly out of Dunkirk were my boat is docked. "Dances with Fish". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yellowpike said:

Your knowledge will be very appreciatived thank your this will,be my first year running leadcore. Was thinking of setting up two five color and two three color. Thaks John

Sent from my VS986 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Any time. My suggestion would be to buy a 1000 yd spool of stealth core and look for 47h Diawia reels online used. We run leadcores all year long of all lengths. For the next month mostly 2 and 3 colors. We find that our fishing the next month will be done in the top 30 ft. Try going to where everyone fishes at night and run your cores in 25 to 35 ft sometimes slightly closer sometimes out a little further. I'll take a picture of a drawing of my spread. Usually eight rods. It will help. Just be careful on turns you can loose a lot of gear fishing like this. My name is Ron and I fish mostly out of Dunkirk were my boat is docked. "Dances with Fish". 

• Like 1

Kind of hard to read but run the same lead core on the same side. I'll take a video next trip out and post. As far as our secret baits nothing beats a fire tiger rynowsky. Lol. If I had to pick two baits to fish with it would be fire tiger and mirror pink. We do run custom painted rynowsky and they work but nothing sucks worse then loosing a $12 dollar lure

• Like 1

Hey Ron, if your the boat I'm thinking of and made it out Sunday morning I was the other black boat outside of you. No luck on my end but did learn 3 colors of Woodstock going 1.3-1.5mph with a storm thunder stick grabs bottom in 25-28' . Either way weather cooperated .

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App
  • Like 1

With the return of 55 degree surface water temperatures the walleyes will suspend near the surface all over the lake, just not the beach at night. Daytime fishing will work on the East end of the lake till surface temperatures reach 65 degrees when the walleyes will move west of Sturgeon Point.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics