Ramps on saturday

Crystal Beach Boat Launch
 at the end of Ridgeway Road, in Crystal Beach

Crystal Beach Waterfront Park offers amenities for the entire family, including a boat launch, playground, pavilion, washrooms and free car parking.

The Crystal Beach Waterfront Park boat launch is open from May until mid-September. On site parking is available for vehicles with trailers at a cost of $10/day. Season passes are available for $100 (taxes included) for the entire boating season.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Larry,
How does it work bringing fish back across the border? I assume you need a Canadian license and need to follow their limits?

Yes as long as you have an Ontario Fishing License and follow their creel limits.Just a reminder you can't net your own minnows or purchase from a u.s. tackle store and take them to Canadian waters.You can't even net the minnows in Canadian Waters to use in Canadian waters.All minnows onboard your boat in Canadian Waters must have been purchased in Canada, with VHS Free Certification Paper.
Fine is $250.

I hope everybody on here understands and appreciates how valuable and generous Mostlymuskies is.
The sharing of all his information  on this and all the posts he chimes in on is truly priceless.
Thank you Larry, tight lines

Thanks! Just doing my part as being on the Erie County Fishery Advisory Board!

Be extra careful when using launch ramp near the office building at Safe Boat Harbor,short distance between launch docks and new permanent docks.This also means you will have to make a sharp turn into the launch docks up in return in short space.Water is also right up to the top of the launch docks.

• 2 weeks later...

So, how are the new ramps at the SBH working out?  I heard if you got bad knees or a slight handy cap(our older folks) it is pretty hard getting in & out of a boat.  No posts ,steps or hand rails for a person to grab onto.  Anyone know if something might be done about this?(handy cap dock)  How is the launching & retrieval going  ?

I heard that if you back down the launch ramp to close to the cement walk,you can't get your door open.Cement walk is so high you have to walk back up the launch ramp to get on,need two persons to launch.When your backing down the launch ramp at one point your boat & trailer disappear over the drop,making it hard to see if your backing down centered.Will suggest 4 ft high collapsible marker posts instead of painted lines,for easier sight when boat is over ramp drop but truck is still at the top.Also they need to paint orange markings on the cement walk sides so easier to see in bright sunlight where ramp cement will blend with walk cement.No reason why they can't cut steps near the water in the cement walks.Then with the current water level,you have to wade in 2 to 3ft of water to crank boat back on your trailer.Hopefully if water levels go back down to normal levels this problem is gone.

• Like 1

I used the new SBH launch ramps yesterday & Imo they are bad news & the parking lot seems to be striped ass backwards. I don't think I will go back.   Can the launch by the restaurant still be used?  Why did they not use the design of the old ramps that worked for 20 yrs.   jmo.

lineman49,The Erie County Fishery Advisory Board will have a meeting/ demo at the Safe Boat Harbor Launch on June 2nd with the NY State Parks Dept yo address our concerns and changes that need to be made.Did you see all the black scoff tire marks on the curbs of the snake roads leading in and out,if your not exactlybin the middle of the roads path your boat trailer tires will hit the curb in many places,kinda narrow!

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics