Allegany Reservoir Walleye

It should be noted that the largest walleye taken in the Buffalo NY area was a 22.25 pound fish. The length was 36.5 inches and its girth measured 21 inches. It happened on 5/29/1943 in the Niagara River off Fort Erie, ON. Sorry, not the USA but close to the out let of Lake Erie.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

While trolling for 'eyes with inline planers up in the reservation a number of years ago, I hooked a musky that was well over 50".  Of course the large northerns are pretty well accepted.  They call it the dead sea and it can be difficult to fish, but there are critters in those depths.

Looked all over SNI website and found no pic. What page was it on? 

Also saw on regulations page that price of non native license is now $60 .50% Price hike yet have seen no improvement of walleye fishing since hatchery was put in. Last year was my worst there since 1990 and I don't think I'll go back .

If anybody wants to fish Kinzua this year, I have a 17' boat and I'm only 30 minutes from there. If you have some knowledge of this water and want to go, shoot me an [email protected]
Not looking to steal anyone's spots, just want to learn the reservoir.
Thanks
Tom

Hey Cheese Wiz...I will go fish the Alleghany with uou

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• 4 years later...

Kinzua walleye are Ohio River strain fish which grow larger than Great Lakes strain walleyes. That is why the New York State walleye record walleyes are from. The Ontario record walleye was caught in Thompson's Hole of the Niagara River by a shore fisherman. It was over 22 pounds and the catch was monitored by many observers. this was over eighty years ago though.

Kinzua walleye are Ohio River strain fish which grow larger than Great Lakes strain walleyes. That is why the New York State walleye record walleyes are from. The Ontario record walleye was caught in Thompson's Hole of the Niagara River by a shore fisherman. It was over 22 pounds and the catch was monitored by many observers. this was over eighty years ago though.

That record I believe is it n questio

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• 3 weeks later...

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics