Planer board terminal tackle and line

Just wondered since I'm new at this planer board thing what terminal tackle swivel snaps weights etc everyone is using. I have 6 trolling rigs now 3 with 20lb mono that came on them and 3 with 10lb Berkley XT. I haven't tried and super line stuff yet some I'm assuming that the mono will get me started. For now I'm just running two boards off side and probably two flat lines off back. Thanks for your replies!

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Not a big fan of boards. Walleye are not a lot of fun to reel in. The bigger the board the heavier the rod. You're going to find out in a hurry that you don't have enough reels. Snap weights are fine. We use a lot of them on both big lakes. Four ounce is are cut off then we switch to lead lines. Five colors and ten then add snap weights as needed. Ten color and heavy snap weights will sink most boards. The big boards will stay afloat but pull like crap the bigger the waves the worst it gets. Just keep it simple at first. Get a couple 10 or 12 foot dipsey rods for the side 2 standard size for out the back and have fun.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Buy the right boards and you will not have an issue. Been pulling boards on erie for 25 years without any issues. The are just about an absolute must in my opinion. Walleyes are tone of the most boat shy fish out there. I run big boards most of the time, but I do pull Inline boards also in certain cases. The nice part with the big boards is you can run lighter rods with them, as they are being towed by the boat instead of by the rod.. I run all my lead cores, jet divers, and torpedo divers off my boards. If you have any questions call me at 7167965372 and I can answer them and if need be I can get you into the right equipment for what you want to do.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics