Perch Perch Page-Spring 2017

I agree about the Slinkers John Having to ward off hives of I pilot guys who hover and wait for anchored boats to catch one then slink over to poach your fish really stinks.Apparently the addition of the motor removed any respect or fishing etiquette too. Common responses, this ain't your lake...and I did find my own fish, there under your boat. Really? Add Combat fishing to the dictionary too. Trying to fish while warding off a hive if slinkers. What a shame

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

It was like that last year as well, guys would anchor right next to you and almost hit you. There was one guy that anchored but left his motor running and his buddy was letting out more line and just about hit a guy in a smaller boat.

It's almost as bad as salmon trolling or the night time trolling when the season opens for walleye. But it shouldn't be that hard, just like the idiots that load/unload stuff from their boat on the ramp blocking it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dukhnter8 said:

" just like the idiots that load/unload stuff from their boat on the ramp blocking it."

Don't get me started on that subject...........we could fill pages if that thread was started!!!!!!!

• Like 2

On the report side the fish we caught Sunday were a mix of big males real big females some spawned some not 48 ft on edge of mud and rock. Most fish came on the mud hook and the ones on upper 2 hooks of crappie rig needed a 3 second count before setting otherwise you'd pull it out of there mouth. Live out produced salted big time but the mud hook took most of fish. Water was clear where we were

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 2E using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Not a total loss for not fishing today drove boat to Syracuse and got new windshield installed !!!wow!!! was shop off on price it cost $1100 plus $365 to install it I guess the guy that hit me wont do it again . Called my sat clients and we r fishing tomorrow sorry to you guys that have to fish the weekends but i'm done with that I started fishing In early Feb no one else out their total lake alone and told clients that in a month and a half that this spot will be unfishable they didn't understand  can you say lazy, crazy ,or is it greed will never end thought it might be a good thing SP was late opening but the crowds still come good fishing to all  and please be safe Capt Brent

10 hours ago, lineman49 said:

Geezze,  I just put an  I-pilot on my bow, but after seeing the posts here I am afraid to have anyone see it!  You guys might shoot me!  I haven't been out with it yet, still new.

Line, I did the same this year with adding a terrova and ipliot. I did get out to play around with mine but it was not very windy when I was using the spot lock so I'm not real sure on it. If I do use it out there I will use common sense (lacking with some people) and see how it works outside the crowd.

I am mostly a weekend warrior so will probably be fighting the crowded ramps this weekend.

Elma, great pic I'm sure we all know what the guy is saying too.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2017 at 8:39 PM, lineman49 said:

Geezze,  I just put an  I-pilot on my bow, but after seeing the posts here I am afraid to have anyone see it!  You guys might shoot me!  I haven't been out with it yet, still new.

95% of the boats are using spot lock. The other 5% wish they were.

You got it John. Do not stop looking till you find them on your screen. It is just like hunting deer, keep on hunting first. Packs of boats mean nothing except lazy fellows trying to figure out if they can mooch off your catch. Probably ten per cent are catching, the rest of the boats are wasting their time. Too lazy to pull the anchor. In light winds I use a five pound anchor and up to 200 foot of 3/8 inch poly braided anchor rode. No chain is needed as the extra weight makes moving an ordeal, Then now we have the I Pilot anchor guys, the problem is when we have a wind shift the anchor guys blow over and you collide or at least their hooks hang up on an anchor line. When you pull up to another boat you have to consider if the guy is anchored and a wind shift will cause some nasty condition to develop. For the money spent on the I Pilot systems, the guys could buy a lot of filet mignon steaks for a few years. Perch fishermen are trying to feed their families, using a limited family budget. If there is an anchored boat nearby, consider what will happen when the wind changes. If you anchor up near the other boat. be prepared to quickly pull your anchor. Good fishing and show some fore thought when stopping near the other guy.

• Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics