Perch Perch Page-Spring 2017

Yesterday fine weather but a light north wind. Current from the SW as the high NE winds from the weekend pushed the water to Ohio. Very few perch on the bottom as we searched from Point Breeze to Hanford Bay. One boat had 8 perch off the Catt in 56 foot of water. Another boat had 12 perch off Evangola, we searched from 15 foot to 58 foot of water. Maybe when some SW winds return things will pick up. Today's forecast has high NE winds coming again so cut your grass get your honeydoos done.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Yesterday we went out of the Catt and searched for an hour when we finally found a little pod in 69fow. Anchored on them and ended up catching 25, but it wasn't hot and heavy. Took a few hours, but we sat on them all day long. Just weren't biting for crap. They shut off when the winds switch from out of the NE. Didn't see another boat catch a fish and they had to be a dozen around us. Tough fishing so far.

The perch are migrating from their spawning grounds now and a good place to try is off Sturgeon Point. The nine mile choke point there opens to sixty miles across the middle lake and they will follow the shale and mud lines as a regular route.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

I think he means from Point Abino Canada to Sturgeon Point NY, its a natural choke point in the lake from fish leaving the upper river going west into lake Erie. I assumed the majority of the perch spawned out in that 45-55 foot of water in Erie? Can anyone chime in on where the perch actually spawn? 

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics