Perch Perch Page-Spring 2017

• 2 weeks later...

I got my boat towed to Hanover Launch this morning.Was about 8 boats out off the Cat in 52 ft of water,action was the slowest I have ever seen,4 perch in 4 hours.We moved to Evangola State Oatk area in 50 ft of water,more of the same 2 perch in 2 hours.Last try was off Sliver Creek in 53 ft of water 1 perch in 1 hour.I never seen anyone really catching any numbers of perch today,just all around very slow day.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

Post spawn perch usually congregate in the warmest water available like near shore and bay areas. They will suspend in near surface water that do not indicate on your fish finder machine. Our situation now is high turbidity near shore water keeps your fishing shut down. My game plan for the Perch contest is to drift near shore and anchor up on an active area. The high wind tornado areas in Wisconsin presently should hit here on Saturday and be aware of the contest cancellation situation. If this happens a random drawing will be used to determine prize distribution.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 1

When in less than thirty feet of water do not depend on your fish finder to mark fish as you are just a car length above the bottom. The shadow of your moving boat above the fish and the engine sound along with the pinging click will spook the fish away. The cone of your sonar signal is smaller to mark any fish that may be there. If after ten minutes or so and nothing happens pick up and move. If you are drifting use your tracking system and mark a hot spot and return to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics