Perch Perch Page-Spring 2017

Perch Page-Spring 2017

If you Perch hounds are like me.... your pretty new perch rigs are all tied, fresh line down, reels lubed etc. Just chomping at the bit to get out there & whack em. Looking at my records from last year, my first trip to Erie perchn was March 26th...and whatta day it was!!! Has anyone been out yet? We have been "picking away" at em around the finger lakes a little. Nothing crazy.

20160326_112336.jpg

20160326_094705.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will run a 2nd rod w/egg sinker (maybe 3/4 oz) on main line, then a barrel swivel, then 3 foot fluor leader, light wire gold Aberdeen hook..lightly lip hook minnow, drop to bottom ,raise up a few cranks and place in rod holder in a fairly horizontal position..rod is a very soft, light tip. Just keep an eye on that tip while holding/working perch rig..it catches a Lotta perch, in any lake deeper water

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 1

The perch at this time are usually inside 24 foot of water. When they are done spawning , after the water temperature reaches 48 degrees F. , they move out to the mud bottom at 55 foot to feed on the critters in the mud.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:28 PM, mostlymuskies said:

Anyone found perch out of the Cat yet? Last report was everyone was having a difficult time finding them yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

A friend fished Wed. from the catt. to Sp shallow & deep & ended up with 2 fish. He fished from 8am-1 pm. was the only one out on the lake Then decided he was nuts& left!

Fyi, he tried launching at the Hanover launch & found so much slit & mud he couldn't even back the trailer in the water & ended up at the state launch with no docks in yet.  Also miller had emeralds.

• Like 1

East River maybe 3 ft visibility, West River green tint.Remember you can't take emerald shiners from U.S. side into Canadian Waters, need Canadian Bait Certified Certificate,without $250 fine.,worms in soil not purchased from Canadian Bait Shop will also get you a $250 fine.Flare Pistol must have plastic barrel or considered a firearm!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics