Trolling bags

old school  trick tie a 5 gallon bucket off cleat & run off back of boat in addition to bags will slow you down more. Just down forget to bring in bucket before you power up!

And cut few 1" holes in bottom of bucket first, way easier to get back in and out of water. Or another or bigger bags.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, well I think I have figured out one of my problems. My boat has a 3.0 mercruiser in it and my idle is set I think too high. I'm gonna lower it 650-700 rpm

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

I did that on my last boat, a 25' hardtop. Lost a little top end speed but was able to troll at 2.0 consistently. Two bags out in my 19.5' aluminum allows me to run a touch higher in RPMs while still trolling at 1.5 ish. Bags are nice in choppy water too, kind of stabilizes the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App
  • Like 1

I did that on my last boat, a 25' hardtop. Lost a little top end speed but was able to troll at 2.0 consistently. Two bags out in my 19.5' aluminum allows me to run a touch higher in RPMs while still trolling at 1.5 ish. Bags are nice in choppy water too, kind of stabilizes the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Did you set your idle while underway or did you set it fry docked?

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Erie United Mobile App

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Topics

Hot Topics